~38~

"What do you mean he said I died?" Andrew said becoming defensive.
     "That's what he told me and he was devastated. And you," he said turning to me. "Your father never told me you were born."
     "Why would he...?" I trail off into thought. What did they have to hide, and why would the keep me a secret and lie about what happened to Andrew.
     "Don't sweat. They're gone, and beats me where. I wouldn't exert energy into finding people that aren't even there." Our uncle then said.
     "They're our parents. Why wouldn't we try to find them? Jacklynn is 16! 16! She's so young and she needs actual parents, not ladies at the orphanage, or her friends mom, or even me! She needs our parents." Andrew raided on.
     We sat there in silence and I felt the tears well up in my eyes. I'm not sure why, but just in the heat of the moment and the heat of emotion.
     "Let's go Jack, we don't need this, we need answers," Andrew said grabbing my wrist and pulling me out of the house.
     "Wait, we should stay. He knows things that we probably don't." I try to explain. I didn't want to miss out on any possible answers that he had.
     "Did you not hear him? He didn't even know you existed and he thought I was dead. We are not staying." He said with his eyes nearing black.
     "And since when did you decide my decisions for me?" I ask him.
     "Since you stepped foot into my apartment. You don't even know this guy. You don't even know his name for gods sake," Andrew back fired.
     I stood there in silence, until I decided for myself that I would walk back into what his name is house, so I got out of the car and slammed the door. 
     "Jack! Jacklynn get back here!" I heard Andrew yell.
     I go to knock on the door when I feel big arms wrap around my waist and pick me up.
     I scream, as I understandably know that this wasn't a 'hug,' it was 'kidnapping.' I yell for Andrew as he takes me into his backyard, and locks his door.
     "Let me go," I say, with a tear letting loose. "Please," I say, feeling a type of scared that I've never felt.
     "No can do, honey," he said in that deep, untrustworthy voice.
     I see the door rapidly shaking, and I heard Andrew screaming and by now the sun has gone down and it was completely dark.
     The lock becomes loose and breaks off. Andrew comes running in and and attacks the 300 pound 6 foot man, whose arms are still around me, squeezing tightly.
    Andrew gets a piece of wood and hits him in the shin and between his legs. He screams in pain and his grip loosens and I use all my force to get out of his grip. He was doubled over in pain and Andrew pulled my hand. We slammed the door shut and got into the car and drove as fast as we could out of the neighborhood. 
     Tears were falling constantly down my face, and I looked out my window.
My breath was hitching.
     "I'm so so sorry." Andrew said slowing down, once we were out of the city and in a smaller town, where he would never think to find us. He parked the car.
     He go out of the car and opened the door on the passenger side.
     "Are you okay? Did he do anything to you?" He asked looking at me.
     "I'm fine," I said with my breath still shaky.
     "I'm sorry, Jack," he said. He then wrapped his arms around me. I accepted it and my tears fall freely for once in my life.