~27~

Blaise left the orphanage. She claimed to have a curfew, but I know she really just wanted to go and was done with me. At least in that moment. By doing so, I was left alone with Brayden.
"I know your sad about your brother, but you can't just sit here and sulk about it." I tell him getting impatient with his behavior.
"I'm not going to help you if that's-" he started.
"No. It's not about that anymore. This is about you. It's not healthy to sit here and think about it. When you do that you take yourself to dark places where you become the enemy and get into a war with yourself. Trust me, I know, and I'm not going to let that happen to you." I tell him. I hear Ms. Brady's voice coming down the hall so I quickly shut the door.
"I care to much about you, Brayden." I then tell him in a quiet voice while holding the door nob.
"Why? Why all of a sudden do you care," he said staring at the door nob that I'm holding.
I sit there. The question threw me off. Why did I care? Haven't I promised myself to stop caring? I mean I always end up in the same exact spot.
"I think I always did. I just didn't know it." I answer looking at the floor.
Brayden, laying on his stomach, props himself up on his elbows and looks at me.
"I don't know what to say. I want to believe you, but part of me feels like I don't even know who this person is standing right in front of me. Maybe it's best if you just go." Brayden concludes. He lets out a breath that he was holding. "I'll be fine."
He was looking right into my eyes. That's when I realized that he was serious. He didn't want me to be here. With him.
I don't engage back into the conversation, instead I put my hand back on the door and walk out.
Ms. Brady and Ms.Fields were siting in the back room. I quietly walk out towards the back door, when I heard the front door bell ring. I peer over and to see who it was.
"Oh my, what a surprise to see you here, Jacklynn." Said Mr. Bradford.