~18~

After visiting Reef Retreat, we both decided to go back to Blaise's house. Turns out she lives about a 10 minute walk from my house.
     We watched movies that I'd never seen or ever heard of for the matter. She taught me card games, and we talked more...kinda like normal teenage girls.
     It was nice. It was nice having a person to go to. However, I'm not allowing myself to get to attached. Blaise seems like a nice girl, but life has taught me that real trust is rare, if not true.
     "Hey, I should probably go." I say, seeing that the sun had set.
      "Ok, well I'll see soon then, I guess," she smiled.
      "Yeah, bye," I say exiting her room. I hear a faint "bye" as I went down her stairs. 
     I start walking towards Cara's house when I hear the faint rush of cars and a police siren going off. It was the true sounds of the city.
     I put my hands in my shorts as a cool summer breeze accompanied me. However, it wasn't the only thing that accompanied me.
     I heard those police sirens get louder and louder, as the car go closer and closer. I squint my eyes as the car comes to a complete holt in front of me.
     A cop came out of the car and walked swiftly to me. 
    "Are you Jacklynn Carter?" He asked me in broad tone.
     "Why?" I ask in a curious tone. I did nothing wrong.
     "Are you Jacklynn Carter?" He repeated, however this time in a stricter, tighter voice.
     "Yeah," I say in a normal tone. The officer raises an eyebrow at me.
     "Come with me Ms. Carter." He said grabbing my fore arm and putting me into his car.
     I didn't question him or say anything. Why should I? I had nothing to be guilty of.
     "Do you usually stay out after dark?" He asked through the rear view mirror.
     "No." I say. Only because I've been locked up my entire life.
     "Then why all of a sudden?" He then asks focusing back on the road.
     "Because why not," I answer starring out my window. I hear the officer sign in distraction because I wouldn't answer his questions correctly.
     "Hold on.." I hear him mutter to himself. He looks at me through the rear view mirror. "Jacklynn Carter," he says lowly.
      "Your the one with the insane father. And the brother. You had a brother," he says louder. "You were an orphan weren't you?"
     "How do you know about my family?" I ask lowly, ignoring his question.
     "Because that was my training case before I came an official cop. I remember because your father was insane-" he proceeded to say.
     "Yeah I know," I say in a quick, rude tone.
     We turn a corner and come up to Cara's house and parks in her driveway. The officer then walks me up to the front door.
     "Ma'am, we found your daughter," he said in a low voice. Daughter. That wasn't right.
"Thank you, officer! I really appreciate it!" Cara expressed as she took my hand and pulled my inside. "She's just a little..." Cara then trails off as she puts her hands on my shoulders. "Curious." She then finished looking back at the officer.
"Yeah, 'curious'," he muttered to himself. He then cleared his throat. "Don't let it happen again, Jack," he said before walking back to his car and driving off.
"Where have you been?" Cara asks in a concerned tone.
"Out." I say say, refusing to look into her eyes.
"With who? And I left you a note saying to be home by 4." She then inquires.
"Someone, and I didn't see it," I say lying to her.
     Cara sighs, keeping in mind that we just met yesterday, so she can't really punish me. 
     "I'll let this one slide, but tell me if your going to do something ok?" She asks.
     I nod my head slightly and start to go up to my room.
     "Oh and that special guess decided to bail on me to, in case you were wondering," Cara said stopping me. I look back, acknowledging her words, and then continue to go to my room.