~34~

Andrew showed me the guest room where I'd sleep. I had that strange feeling of comfort again, like I was at "home" even though I wasn't. Even though the room was a bit smaller than my room at the orphanage, it just seemed better and I couldn't tell you why.
     "If you get cold, there's blankets in the cabinet." Andrew said setting up the bed.
     "There you go." He said after he was finished. I move my bag with my stuff to the corner of my room, expecting Andrew to leave. However, he didn't.
     "If you need anything, I in the other room, ok." He said hesitantly.
     "Why are you being so nice?" I ask bluntly. I simply couldn't avoid it. It was the elephant in the room.
     "I feel guilty." He said after a pause. "Your my little sister, I'm suppose to be there for you, but your entire life you thought I hated you." He explained.
     "You don't have to-"
      "Yeah, yeah I do, Jack. I didn't realize how alone you were. It bothers me, because I really do care about you. Your my sister, I love you and-" Andrew started to ramble.
     "Love you too." I cut him off. A small smile creeps on to my face. It was the truth, even if I just "met" him.
     Andrew smiled a genuine smile. "Try and get some sleep." And with that he closed the door.
     It's weird to think that I'm all "buddy-buddy" with Andrew, considering I nearly hated him. I don't understand what changed or why, but I don't think I have to.
I sat on the edge of the bed staring at the empty, cream colored walls. It's crazy to think that I'm here. In my brothers apartment. Just a little while ago, I was in the orphanage with...with Brayden.
     My thoughts completely turned around once I simply said his name. The name that was connected to a person. A person that I didn't realize I missed so much.
     I wanted to know how he was holding up, since his brother just died. I couldn't even imagine the pain he was going through. Mainly because I physically couldn't.
     I lay in the bed and pull the light covers over me. A cool breeze wished through the room. Summer was coming to a near end, which means everything would start to move again. Kids would go to school, teachers would go back to work, and the weather would turn crisp.
     But that was still weeks away. I felt my eyes grow very heavy and my blinks became very slow, until I finally decided to leave my eyes shut for the rest of the night.