~21~

As hard as it was, I left the orphanage. However, that wasn't the hard part, the hard part was leaving Brayden. I've never broken someone like that. I've always been the broken one and it kills me to turn into that monster, but we both know what's best here.
     I go back to Blaise's house and go up to her room as quickly as possible. I open my file.
    Name: Jacklynn Rose Carter
    DOB: December 2, 2001
    Parents: Sara and David Carter
Siblings: Andrew David Carter
Summary of Jacklynn Rose Carter:
-Born in Edenton Hospital
-Both mother and father present during birth
-Lived in Irvine, Springbrook specific details unknown
-Starting attending St. Anne's Foster Care at 5 years of age due to unknown reasons
-Mother said to be responsible for signing Jacklynn over to foster care
-Brother, Andrew Carter, signed into different foster care with their father, reason: unknown
Filed police reports: Sara and David Carter accused of

That was it. The rest of the page looked as if it were cut off. I know for a fact that it didn't rip off. I looked through the file to see if any other pages were there, but it was empty.
That was it. The only thing to get from this was that my mother, who supposedly died during my birth dropped me off at the orphanage when I was five. There is nothing on Andrew except for the fact that he's my brother and lived in Irvine before hell broke lose.
Irvine. That's all I got.
When Blaise came into the room I showed her the papers.
"To Irvine it is then," she stated with a smile.
"Who'll drive us?" I ask her quietly, letting the disappointment of finding nothing get to me.
"My mom. I'll tell her that we're meeting up with one of my friends from school that moved there. It'll be fine." Blaise assured me.
I nod my head slightly and stare at the paper as of words of information were to appear. But they never did.
      Blaise's mom got home from work earlier that anticipated. She told her mom why we supposedly needed to go to Irvine and her mom agreed.
      Blaise smirked at me as we headed out the door and into the car. However, I wasn't in the mood for "fun." This wasn't some trip to Irvine. I was going to my childhood house to find answers. I set my standard as low as they possibly could which was that the house got torn down and was replaced with some rich three story house. I wasn't about to set myself up for disappointment again.