~31~

The next morning Blaise was going to take me to the flee market, where we first saw each other. No question. She specifically said "I will drag you by your hair if I have to."
    "You ready?" She asked with a smile. I gave her a grin in response. She then grabbed my hand and we walked out the front door.
"So are we just walking around, trying to avoid the aggressive venders?" I ask as we started walking. It was a couple blocks away from her house.
"I don't know. I'm sure we'll find something right. But don't worry, there's a summer carnival that the city always puts on at night, so we'll go there to." Blaise said cheerfully. I can tell she wanted to do this for me, but more or less, herself.
"Where's that? The carnival, I mean." I ask trying to keep an open mind. If it wasn't for her, I'd be homeless .
"It's a bit farther. My Mom's going to pick us up and take us."
      "When did you get adopted? Like, how old were you?" I ask, looking at her.
     "I was 7, and my parents are older, so they wanted to enjoy some childhood, but just not all of it." She explained.
     I nod my head, keeping my eyes straight foreword. We made light conversation throughout the day, however Blaise made sure to steer me away from talking about anything that has to do with finding my parents or Cara or even my brother.
     The day passes by like a breeze in the wind, and the sun was on its way down, sinking into the land. Blaise's mother had picked us up to drop us off at this "summer night carnival."
     "Ok girls, I'll pick you up around 9:30, or so?" Blaise's mom, Denise, asked.
"Yeah, that's fine." Blaise said looking out her window.
"Alright, be careful out there, but have fun!" Denise said with a wrinkled smile.
We get out of the car to be greeted by bright, festive summer lights, the smell of kettle corn and cotton candy, and the sound of kids laughing and teen screaming on unstable rides. A carnival.
Never been to one, but have lived long enough to know what they are and how they work.
"Wanna go on that ride? It's an easy one, I promise." Blaise asked.
She was looking at a series of connected cars that moved quickly on a tilted circle, both foreword and backwards.
"I don't care." I say with a shrug. We get in line and wait for our turn.
"Have you ever been to a carnival, or amusement park?" Blaise then asks me.
"No, not really." I answer.
She flashes me a toothy grin, and grabs my hand as we are seated in a car.
      The ride started off slow and gradually got faster and faster. It felt as if I left my stomach in the waiting line and my mind couldn't proceed what was happening.
     Blaise was screaming and laughing at the same time.
     "It's ok to scream, cmon Jack!" She yelled over the ride.
     I give her a frantic smile, but keep my mouth shut. It just didn't feel right to scream.
     "So did you like it?" Blaise asks.
      It took me a while to think. Did I? I mean I wasn't scared of anything, but I don't know if I could say I liked it.
     "Yeah, I did," I said with a smile. My smile was genuine, but my words were lies. I wanted to make Blaise happy. She's trying so hard to make me happy, so why not return the favor.
     Blaise lets out a laugh. "See I knew you would!" She then said pushing my shoulder. "But I have to use the restroom real quick, so just stay here." She said without her smile fading.
     Blaise then disappears around the corner. I turn around to find a bench to sit and wait when I bump into someone behind me. Their popcorn flew everywhere and the grease got on both of our clothes.
     "I'm so sorry." He said looking at his greased stained shirt.
     "No it's-" I start to say as I look up at him. It was him.
     "Jack?" He asked astonished dark blue eyes.