~16~

I woke up the next morning to the summer sun peaking into my room. I roll over and see that it's 8:47. I look across the room, instinctively looking for Brayden, however he wasn't there.
I roll out of bed and walk downstairs into the kitchen. There was a note taped on the fridge that read:
"Jacklynn
- I'll be home home by four, so be home because we will be having a dinner with someone special.
Cara
What does she mean by "someone special?" I keep the note taped on the fridge as I make myself some stale cereal that I found in the cupboard.
When I was done, I got dressed and decided to leave the house. When I walked outside I was greeted by an inviting, warm, breeze.
I remember Cara saying that there was a park not to far from here. I start walking till I see a lonely park. It wasn't accompanied by any children, or teenagers for that matter.
I sit on the swing as I look around. It was empty. It was nice. I rocked back and forth on the swing when I saw an elderly women tagging behind a very excited little boy.
He makes a beeline for the swings just with my luck.
"Hi, I'm Tom." He greets with a toothless smile.
I look down pretending not to hear him.
"What's your name?" He then asks obviously not phased by my lack of interest in him.
"Jacklynn," I say shortly, not looking at him.
"Tom, don't bother the poor girl," the elderly women said catching up to her grandson.
      "Grandma I just want to make friends," he said in an innocent voice.
     "They aren't worth the price, kid," I mutter before getting up off the swing and walking away.
      I needed to go somewhere where I didn't feel so isolated from the world. I keep walking straight till I get to a busy main road.
      Across the street was a small flee market with a small amount of people. I quickly jay walk across the street to the other side, earning honks from others.
     I enter the flee market with venders constantly trying to sell their product to on lookers. There was food, home made jewelry, everything expected to be sold here.
     I look at the authentic leather bracelets when I hear someone approach me.
      "Hey, beautiful," a deep voice said. I turn around to be faced with a guy about 5'9 with short curly brown hair, and piercing green-brown eyes.
     "You here alone?" He asks with a smirk decorating his face.
     I turn back around, in hopes that he'd go away.
      "I was talking to you," he said in a slightly pissed off voice.
      "I know." I state clearly raising my eyebrows, keeping my back towards him.
       "Well, miss sassy, why don't you you-" he started to say.
        "Lay off of her Daniel," a female voice said.
      I turn around and see a girl with brown hair and hazel eyes approach "Daniel."
     "Why should I listen to you, Blaise?" He asks.
     "Because she's with me, I just went to the bathroom, idiot," she said.
Blaise. That name rings a familiar bell.
     "Whatever." Daniel says as he leaves.
     She walks over to me. Her features become more prominent. Clear skin, with the exceptional freckle here and there. She even looked familiar.
     "Hi, I'm Blaise, and your welcome," she said.
     "Jack, thanks," I say to her. Blaise cocks her head to the left.
      "Do I know you?" She asks. "Did you go to Grant high school?"
      "No." I say to her, not wanting to tell her that I just got out of an orphanage.
     "Oh. Hey, are you really alone?" She then proceeds to ask.
     "Uh...yeah," I say, not catching at what she's getting at.
      "Ok good. So am I, and I need a friend to hang out with today." She insists.
     Before I could say anything, Blaise grabs my hand and takes me around to all the venders.
    Blaise is the type of person to not take no for an answer. I've learned that over the last hour I've spent with her. She's dragged me around everywhere, from a Chinese food to a home decor vender.
     She's also the type to not care. She's one of the most realist person I've ever met. It's like she gets it. She knows that some people have gone through hell and back, so she never judges.
     "You hungry?" She asks once I'm sure that we've been through the flee market at least twice.
      "Sure." I say as we stopped, waiting for the crosswalk.
     "Good. We can go to Martins pizza shop." She smiles.
      "Never heard of that place," I say to her.
     "Oh, no Martin is my adoptive father. I'm adopted by the way," she then says with her smile turning into a nervous smile.
     She was adopted? She's the last person I'd expect to be adopted. This was my chance to tell her that I was adopted to.
      "Um-," I start to say.
     "Ugh, this light is taking to long. Let's just jay walk," she groaned. Blaise looked both ways before running across the road with me following behind.
     We walk until we come up to a small neighborhood pizzeria. A bell greeted us when we opened the door, as did a middle aged man.
"Hey, Blaise." He greeted.
"Hey Martin, this is Jack, I met her at the flee market." She said when we got up to the cash register. "Cheese pizza fine?" She the asks me.
I nod my head slightly.
"We'll have a cheese pizza," she then smiles.
"Alright, that's gonna cost you a weeks worth of cleaning the bathroom." Martin said.
"Three days," Blaise then bargained.
"Five days," he said.
"Done." Blaise said closing the deal.
We then find an empty booth to sit in. The pizzeria was family friendly. It seemed like the old pizzerias you see in movies.
     "Oh were you going to say something earlier? Sorry I talk a lot," Blaise smiled out of the blue.
     "Oh, um, I'm adopted to," I say quietly.
     "Really? That's cool, did you go to U.A orphanage?" She then asks.
     "I think so.." I trail off. We sit in silence.
     After a couple minutes Blaise screams "Jack!"  I look at her alarmed.
     "What?" I ask in a normal voice.
      "Your Jacklynn. Your the one that drew all over Mrs. Murphy's walls! We were like best friends, remember?" She said with excitement.
     I look at her as clear memories flood into my brain. It all makes sense now.
     "Oh my god," I say quietly. Blaise leans over the table and gives me a hug.
      "I missed you," Blaise quietly exclaims.
      "Me too," I sigh.