~41~

We soon got back to the apartment. Andrew hadn't said a word on the way back. He threw the papers on the kitchen table, went to his room, and shut his door.
     "I'm honestly fine. I can leave if it's a problem." Brayden said in response to Andrews actions.
      "No, it's fine. You're not the problem, Andrew is." I say sitting at the kitchen table collecting the scattered papers.
     Brayden sat in the chair next to me, as I looked through the first paper. According to the paper I was dropped off at my first orphanage by my grandpa, at Muller Orphanage. I was dropped off on December 3, 2003 around 4:45 in the morning. I had just turned two on December 2nd.
     "Anything?" Brayden asks as he sees my eyes scanning the papers.
     "No. Not yet, but I'll go deeper into it tomorrow, it's been a long day, and I don't think it'd be good for me to read this." I say. I feel the exhaustion in my eyes, as they droop. "How are you?" I then ask Brayden. "Honesty."
     "Honestly, I'm content. Now I am, at least, somewhat," he said confusing himself. "But better, knowing that I won't be going to my mothers. God knows where, what, or who she lives with. She's probably going to forget about me and..." Brayden paused. He exhaled, switching his focus to out the balcony.
     "Your brother?" I ask, finishing his sentence.
     "Yeah."
      We sit in silence at the kitchen, with just the naked lightbulb above us. I put the papers back in that file and let out the breath that I didn't realize I was holding.
     More silence. That is until Brayden jumped, scooting his chair far back. I look towards where he was sitting and see Renni.
    I let out a chuckle. "It's just Renni. Your not allergic to cats right?" I ask him.
     "No, I just didn't know," he trailed off with a small laugh. Renni sits at his feet purring and settling, and my smile grows even bigger.
     "I'm jealous." I say. Brayden looks at me with confusion written on his face. "That cat does not like me." I explain.
     Brayden laughs once again. He looks down and mumbles something along the lines of "impossible."
     I walk to the closet hallway and grab a couple blankets and a pillow.
     "If your still cold, you can just grab more. Andrew has a bunch of blankets." I say as I set them on the couch. "It's been...a long day, so." I say not quite finishing my though. "You'll be fine out here right?" I ask him as he throws the sheet over the couch.
     "Yeah, don't worry about me." He smiled. I gave him a small smile in return.
     I realize that it was almost like old times. Brayden taking whatever was left and not complaining about it, and me, making complicated things even more complicated. Almost like old times, almost.