Chapter 41 - "Pain"

Chapter 41
"Pain"
---
Third Person

Pain, without love

Ross stumbled through the forest unsure of where he was or what the trees are. Ross held his bow tie in his left hand holding it tight, he didn't exactly know what it is, but he felt linked to the object.

Pain, I can't get enough

Ross leaned against the long brown object tipped with green called a tree as he felt like he was missing something, something big. It was on the top of his head, but he couldn't get it down.

Pain, I like it rough

Sky stayed on the red floor twitching from time to time as Alesa watched him fearfully holding her-their child in her arms. Alesa would usually call his name in between sobs just in case he would reply.

'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all

Max's limp body lay on a hospital bed, Max in fact was in a abandoned hospital. Max had no thoughts, no breath, he just was a corpse, a dead body that used to be a long time ago full of life.

You're sick, of feeling numb

Max's head twitched slightly his heartbeat still not beating, he wasn't breathing air. Max's right hands twitched his claws sharpening liquid falling from their points.

You're not, the only one

Max's head twitched multiple times, then it stopped, he stopped. His eyes shot open even though he had no heartbeat and was not breathing, he was awake, but this time, he still was in a nightmare.

I'll take you by the hand

Max's messy red hair went with him as he shot up coughing up numerous amounts of blood. He wiped his mouth with his hand as he looked confused "How am I alive?" He spoke his voice hoarse and raspy which he had no clue of, he was also unaware that his heartbeat was no more and he wasn't breathing whatsoever.

And I'll show you a world that you can understand

Max's confusion faded away, his expression turning dark. Max still was pale, but was no longer limp, Max's eyes still mixing with grey. Max slowly shuffled off the hospital bed he lay on still unaware that he had been dead for over 24 hours. Max looked emotionless opening his hand to see his palm which had a patch of green scales on it.

This life is filled with hurt

Max traced s circle with his claw on his palm. Then Max realized that had nothing to do with the plot and the author is dumb. Max walked through the hospital halls seeing webs flickering lights and broken chairs. This wasn't any hospital it was the hospital Ross and Barney went to, this is now what used to be the amazing hospital of the city.

When happiness doesn't work

Blood stained the walls as froze seeing bloody hand prints to his right and what looks like someone who was dragged to the other end since blood painted the floor too. Max knelt down touching the blood with his right hand, the blood was new, it was fresh. Max heard groaning behind him and slowly stood up.