Chapter 42 - "Broken Record"

Chapter 42
"Broken Record"
---
Ryan's POV

You lit a cigarette

I looked at my hands, "I'll let you be with your friends now." I informed as a black shadow fired around the girl and soon she was gone.

As I watched you walk away

The black shadow left my room and headed for Rosie, Cindy was already there. I heard a scream and smiled, it faded away as quickly as it came up, "Now you can be together... You atleast have family." I clenched my fists as I stood up just to walk to a book.

Turned to a silhouette

I grabbed the book throwing it to the ground in anger, I cried out as I fell to the ground. I closed my eyes letting the tears roll down.

But your words will never fade

I opened my eyes, my vision blurry as I saw the book opened. It was Lara's journal. She tore out the pages and handed them to me before Kyle died, I then put them into a book. I slowly reached out for the book and turned to the first page.

I know I'm hanging on

(Couldn't go on italics at the time so, just deal with bold underlined words)

And you still numb the pain

Dear journal, I've met this man named Kyle, he seems nice and hopefully he can help me with Ryan, I miss him.

I gave it everything, everything

More tears left my eyes as I flipped to the next page.

But we still lost the way

Dear journal, Kyle has found a way to bring back Ryan, we just need his body. I really want to see him again.

You tell me that it's over

I flicked pages ahead until I saw the last,

When it's only just begun

Shadollin will get me. I know what will happen. Ryan will miss me, I know. This is the only way. This is the only way to stop them. I won't let Harrison win.

You tell me that you're sober

I was shocked at the words that were written on that page, she knew she would die, she planned it, what was Harrison planning to do?

When you've had another-

Shadollin is trying to help him, he's trying to help Harrison, I have to stop it, I will stop it, there's no going back.

One for the memories

Then there was just a scribbled drawing of two stick figures, one with long wavy hair the other with short spiky hair.

The silence is deafening

Rapheo, Ryan. Ryan I know you will be reading this and I know by the time you are I have passed. I need you to find a man named Rapheo before he dies. He will die today and you will have to find a parchment located on his body, he can't be brought back, just get the parchment and leave. Go to the hospital where Ross was made into one.