Grown up AU

More Karmagisa ! This one kind of jumps around a lot and it's not my best work but oh well.
-----

"Karma! Karma! Open up! I have big news! Open the door damn it!" I pound on the door for the fiftieth time.

"I'm almost there! Would you shut up already!" He throws it open, making it obvious he just woke up. His hair isn't brushed and his clothes were thrown on. I step inside and let him shut the door, sitting in one of his comfy living room chairs. I giggle at him trying to fix the buttons on his shirt as I hide papers behind me. "Would you like to tell me this big news that couldn't wait till noon? Cuz I'm just dying to know if I need to kill you right now." He glares as he walks in.

"Well it may come as a surprise to you buuuut..I got the job! I'll be a real teacher this coming year!"

"Really?! That's great!" He jumps up.

"I'm so excited! But how are things going for you, government guy?" I smirk at the nickname I made up. He chuckles and sits back down.

"Well, actually. I have to say, I'm pretty good at pulling the strings. Though, I miss a lot of action."

"We can make up for that in our sparing." I pull out a faded green knife.

"I have to get out the old anti sensei stuff. I tucked it away again." Karma smiles, his mood lightening at the mention of fighting.

Time skip~~~~~~

"Hello class! I'm your new teacher, Nagisa Shiota. I hope we don't cause too much trouble this year." I start of with a nice comment. It doesn't work as well as I hoped and the small class continues to give me a collective glare. I talk my way through the syllabus and soon one of the four kids stands up.

"Why are you acting so fake! Drop the act moron! We're delinquents! Not idiots!" The boy in the back shouts. I walk over quietly, not entirely sure how to handle it. The others start to whisper as if I'll hurt him. He looks scared too. What has the world put these kids through?

"I'm not trying to. I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm just tying to leave a good first impression is all. But hey," I stand up. "Ask any question you'd like." I sit on my desk at the front of the class. Waiting for hands to be raised.

"What's your relationship status?" A girl in the front asks, not looking up from her syllabus sheet.

"Why is that important?" I sweat drop.

"Answer the question sir." She gives me a sideways death glare. It must have spooked most people because she's surprised when I answer calmly.

"I'm single."

"Ooooo! Looks like teach's gotta crush! Do spill." Another girl smirks. She reminds me of rio.

"We don't need to be getting that personal until I know some things about you. We'll take today as a get to know each other break. Tomorrow is when we will really start."

Back at Karmas place( ^ω^ )

"Work was exhausting. The kids were all over me for details about my life." I groan into the cushions of the couch.

"You should have given them some answers."

"I did but they're never satisfied. I'd have to spill my soul and more to get them to stop."

"Anything else?" Karma sips his wine. We were having dinner together often now. Especially since we lived so close.

"I still haven't gotten my masters. I have tons of work to do for my online classes and I only have a handful of lesson plans done." I turn over so I was facing the ceiling.