Zombie AU

"Karma... its a fourth degree burn." I set his leg back down onto the fallen tree, slowly standing and turning towards our supplies. Actually, wouldn't that make it a sixth? His foot has been pretty much singed off.

"What-Wha-What do you mean?"

"I mean we can't save it." I don't want to tell him this. Fuck, I wish I knew a doctor that was still alive.

"Really?"

"Your muscles are cooked."

"Great! Lets chop it up, make some stew. Send it to someone we hate so we can call them a cannibal for the rest of their life." He throws his head back, landing on his arm in a relaxed laugh.

"Don't laugh about this!" He could have been killed. I wouldn't be able to live through that.

"What do you want me to do?! Cry about how much I wish this wasn't real?! Well it is! I can't change it! I'm trying to make it better." He snaps, sitting up and throwing a rock at the black remnants of his foot.

"Just... We're going to a supermarket. I'll fix you up there." He puts an arm over my shoulder, helping him to limp the few miles we need.

-/-/-

"You stay here. I'm going to grab some 80 proof." I have to make it sterile. The rubbing alcohol has already been wiped clean.

"Trust me, I'm not going anywhere." He rolls his eyes at me.

-/-/-

"Drink." I force a bottle towards him.

"What? Why? We shouldn't be getting wasted right- Ohhhhh."

"You want to blackout drunk for this. I couldn't even find anything behind the pharmacy counter. You like rum, right?" I can't believe there weren't any strong meds that could keep him from being in too much pain.

"Everclear would be more my speed at this point." He takes the bottle anyway.

"I'm going to just start prepping this while you drink. You can't feel anything below this, right?" I point to the edge of the narcotic stump.

"Nope. It's dead."

"Good." He raises an axe I hadn't noticed, bringing it down hard.

"Fuck!"

"Did you feel that?" He drops the weapon, kneeling at my side.

"No! You just scared the shit out of me!"

"Oh thank goodness."

"Why the fuck are you hacking at me with an axe?"

"I'm going to break the bone, take off what I can with this, then debride it."

"Fuck... and what about the bleeding? Would the smell attract them?"

"I'm going to try my best to make sure you bleed as little as possible."

"I leave myself to your care."

"Just shut up and drink."

A/n I had an idea here but like... m8 Idfk

Also, I'm thinking about a songfic. Here's the thing, I don't find them that appealing to read. I usually write things that I personally find interesting so I don't know what I'm doing here. Do I put the lyrics in the text? Do I make the lyrics part of the story? Gimmie some guides here I beg of you

+I am sorry about all of the uneven scheduling shits going down and this skeleton won't go anywhere but here have a funny from when I was trying to write this.

(My dads a doctor who also did some scuba stuff at one point)

(The water thing is for a chapter that I've been writing for over a year so that'll happen soon enough)

If you wanted to know, you'd have to tie off large vessels, cauterize small ones, and debride until it bleeds (so you know it's healthy living tissue)