Valentines day

I didn't forget this time! I'm just fuckin late.

Rio POV

I promised to help Nagisa get someone alone today, but it's kind of difficult to do considering I have no idea who I'm supposed to be watching. It might be Kayano... though I thought he said she's only a friend. Maybe it's Okuda? Or maybe someone else. There are many nice, pretty, smart people in our class. It's just hard because nobody knows what Nagisa's type is.

"I've gotten Kayano distracted." So it definitely isn't her. "Just walk away from the building like you're planning something." The walkie-talkie buzzes as I turn down the volume, pushing myself off the back wall of our building.

"Will they follow me?" Hopefully it's not someone too skilled. I don't want to get hurt if I'm 'in the way'.

"That's the plan. Just do it." He talks quickly and I hear the static return. He must have shut his off. Oh well. I only need to walk into the tree line for awhile then my job is done. I can do this for my little Nagisa. He deserves a valentine. The minute I hit a small clearing a voice snaps behind me.

"So I heard from a little birdie that you have taken a liking to a certain someone." I whip around to see Karma leaning on the tree I just passed. How???

"What?" I definitely don't have feelings for anyone in our class. Who would spread a rumor like that? It's probably payback. He starts advancing and I step backwards. Oh shit. He's in one of his moods.

"Maybe a blueberry?" Wait Wait Wait does he think I like Nagisa?! He's like a little brother! That's disgusting!

"No!" Ow! Stupid plant in my way.

"Well, good. I don't like it when people try to take what's mine." He slams his fist onto the tree beside my head. It isn't until he lowers his hand that I catch a glimpse of a small knife embedded in the wood. He was going to stab me?! Wait a minute... His?

"Last I checked, you aren't dating him."

"What does that mean?"

"You said 'what's mine' like he's actually yours."

"Are you telling me you want him to not be mine? Could it be you're jealous?"

"No, that's not it. I'm just... who told you that I had a crush on him?"

"Don't change the subject. You're my friend and I like you, but I don't like challengers. Back off of my Nagisa."

"Done!"

"Good! I was thinking of doing something for him tonight, if you want to help me plan it?" He switches to his most docile tone, offering his average smile. What the hell was that?!

"Sure-"

"Thanks for your help." Nagisa whispers as he walks past me. When did he get here?!

"I'll leave you guys alone then?" I pretend to run back to school, instead hiding behind some brambles nearby. Karma is giving me an uneasy feeling today.

"I made these for you." Nagisa bows his head as he pushes a box of something towards Karma.

"Funny, I made something for you too." The redhead hands him a box.

"It's beautiful! Thank you!" Nagisa peeks inside.

"Anything for you, Nagi."

"So, um... do you want to be my boyfriend?" He has to say it fast, clenching his fists to his sides.

"Only if you'll be mine too." Karma smiles softly, opening up for a hug. Nagisa squeaks a bit as he wraps his arms around Karma, who does the same while leaning in to kiss the top of his head. "I'm going to set something up for us. I want it to be a surprise, though, so can you go back to class?" He holds Nagisa's face as the little bluenette nods, hurriedly skipping back towards the school building.

I watch until he's a safe distance before readjusting to see where Karma is so I can make my escape. He's facing towards me... looking directly where I'm standing. He can't possibly see me. I'm behind a giant bush! There's a tree in the way!

"I can see you. Stop hiding." He starts to walk towards me. His hands are moving to his pockets. He's going to scare me again. Wait, he still can't possibly see me. "I won. You can't have him. He's all mine." Possessive much? "Nakamura, get out here. I won't chase you through the woods." Chase me? For what?

"Why are you mad? I was just helping him get someone alone. I assume it was you that I was supposed to lead out here." I guess I can get out of the uncomfortable sticks.

"Because I don't like sharing. Even if he's just a friend."

"You're sounding a little obsessed. Calm down. He's going to have other friends still."

"Doesn't mean I have to like it." Great, he's crazy again.

"Okay, just treat him right."

"You're leaving? But I thought we would fight more." He grabs my wrist. I couldn't shake him if I tried.

"Let go. Lunch is probably about to end." We should get back. Also, if something happens there will be witnesses.

"Too bad."

-/-/-
Karma POV

"Nagisa, I got you a gift." I hide the box behind my back, stepping into the clearing where I told him to wait.

"Really?" He excitedly undoes the ribbon once I set it in his lap.

"It's a heart! Y'know, because I'm trusting you with my heart." He stares at it in confusion for a second, then with fear and disgust, all before looking back up at me with the biggest smile.

"I love it."

A/n Oof I'm a day late but it's much better than it would have been. Not a skeleton story!