Masquarade

Okay... you guys might want an explanation... I PROMISE I HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE THIS TIME! My Final for creative writing included writing a short story and that took up most of my writing time for awhile T^T

Nagisa POV

"Nagisa, you have to go!"

"No!"

"You lost the bet!"

"Come on! I don't want to do this."

"Too bad. You're going in a dress, one way or another. It's not like anybody will see your face. We're wearing masks!" Rio whines. Thank the heavens it's just us left in school.

"Fine. But if I become a laughing stock you're dead to me." I allow her to pull out a few dresses from her bag, seeing which one looks best.

-/-/-

We decided on a poofy black one with a black wig and gloves. It would be too easy to guess it was me through my hair color. After she gave me the necessary items we went our separate ways. On my walk home my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Nagisa! Are you going to that masquerade ball?" Karma asks excitedly through the phone.

"Yea." I should hove lied! Now he's gonna wanna find me there!

"Do you have a date?"

"No."

"Do you plan on having a date?"

"No."

"Good. I'll see you then, Nagisa~" He hangs up. Well that was odd. I reach my door and rush to my room, hiding the outfit from my mothers vision.

"Is that you, darling?"

"Yes mother!"

-/-/- the day of the dance approaches

"So Nagisa! Do you have a special lady you're planing on taking?" Kayano giggles around me.

"No. I'm not sure I'm going." The less people know I'll be there, the better. I just wish I would have thought of that before I told Karma.

"Oh." She leans back in her seat awkwardly. I turn again, choosing to focus on the lesson.

-/-/-

"I hope I see you all at the dance tonight! I want some pictures for our yearbook." The octopus laughs before zooming out the window.

"I hope to see you there, Nagi~" Karma winks as he brushes past me on his way out of class.

"Y-yea." Some heat rises to my face. I can't be blushing for him! He's my best friend, I'll ruin everything!

"Looks like you have a date." Rio jumps up beside my desk, stealing my attention from Karma's retreating figure.

"Not in my getup! I'll die!"

"Suuuure. I'm sure he'll sweep you off your feet anyway." She laughs, grabbing her own bag and walking off.

"Whatever." I gather my things quickly in a flustered manor.

-/-/-

Someone knocks at my door. My mother opens it.

"Nagisa, darling, your friends here!" My mother shouts towards my room. Right, Rio decided to pick me up.

"I'm coming." I walk out in my normal day clothes, carrying a bag.

"Have fun at your sleep over." She kisses my hair and waves me out the door.