Neko Nagisa

If you would like to skip the sad intro start reading at the shitty cat on a fence made of lines. Aprox. 400 words in

Karma POV

Nagisa broke his perfect attendance?! And I actually came to school today. He's never going to hear the end of this when I get to him.

After class I grabbed my things and ran out of the building as fast as possible. Once I was sure nobody was watching me I slow down. I reach the end of the hill and start my long trek to Nagisas house.

---------------

I got there soon enough. I was about to knock on the door but the shouting inside gave me the sense not to. Instead, I text nagisa. Of course he wouldn't answer! I'm an idiot. Oh well. I lean against the door and wait until the noise dies down.

After awhile, the house was silent. As I was about to knock the door opened.

"Bye mom. Im going ou-out." He steps out wearing a hoodie.

"Hello Nagisa." I smirk, leaning on the door frame.

"What are you doing here?" He seemed surprised.

"I wanted to see why you weren't at school." I pinch his cheek. There's something warm and wet on my hand when I pull away. The fuck? I look at the area of his face I touched. There's a little red but most is covered up by his hood. I try to inspect further and he backs away.

"What are you doing?" He chuckles nervously. Instead of answering I step forward. He steps back. I turn so he backs into a wall. I grab his chin and pull his hood back a bit only to reveal a cut. It looks like somebody slashed him with glass or a shitty knife. I try to inspect further and he winces. Somebody hurt my innocent Nagisa.

"Who did this?"

"Karma I-"

"Who did this? Tell me."

"My mother bu-"

"Shut up. Don't try to defend her. Unless this was an accident you are coming home with me." I let go of his shoulders and grab his hand.

"She just..." He tries to think of something to stop me.

"Nagisa. If you can honestly tell me that she didn't mean to do this to you I'll leave and will never mention it again." He opens his mouth to object but soon closes it, lowering his head in defeat. I pull him into a hug. As he hugs back I pick him up and start walking.

---------/\--------/\----------
-------/      \----/      \--------
------|     O         O      |------
-------\         W          /-------
     |         |         |         |         |

"My parents are always away on business trips so we are alone. You can tell me anything." I rub circles in his back. The cutie sitting next to me finally looks up. He gives a confident nod.

"She wanted a girl. It's why my hair is so long. And she feels the need to control my future. I've told her I'm a boy!" He chokes on his sobs. "She doesn't listen! She just wants me to go with anything she says! If I don't she!...she..."

"You don't have to say it. I won't let you get hurt again."

"No it's fine. *snivel* I'm fine. She pulls on my hair and shakes me around. She throws things at me. She scratches me. She'll hit me with anything she find. I can't escape it. I'll never escape. She's always going to be pulling the strings. I'm just being kicked by the puppeteer! I can't even fight back! She's my mother!" He paces. I grab his waist and hold him, his back towards me, tightly. I hope he finds it comforting.