Nāga

"Seems there's a wild snake around the forest. Just be wary when walking around" Karasuma looks up from the paper he's holding. "Don't go looking to kill it. We sent out trained hunters and they haven't returned yet." Don't say that! Every idiot in the class is going to search now!

-/-/-

I walk out of the school, immediately hit by the annoying sunlight. I should really invest in some sunglasses. Oh wait, Nagisa is here too. Why does he keep looking around like that? He's... going into the fucking forest? He's looking for the snake, isn't he. Oh my- he's an idiot. I better follow him to make sure he doesn't get killed.

Okay so the forest is more dense than I remember. How is he so fast? Some rustling puts me on guard before a large armored man jumps from the brush, facing away from me. Nagisa follows suit, hissing as he approaches the man. Well at least I caught up with him.

"You! You killed him! You'll pay!" Okay so this one is hysterical.

"You don't know what happened! I never touched him!" Nagisa starts circling, walking around the twitching idiot. "You don't want to mess with me. I never hurt anyone. I don't even know why Karasuma wants me dead."

"You killed my brother!" He tries to charge, instead getting tripped over something I couldn't see through the tall grass.

"I didn't do anything to him! I was just trying to escape when he shot at me! I did what I did to live!"

"You should've died! Why didn't you just accept your fate then?" The man shakes as he pulls out a gun, aiming it at the bluenette.

"Because I don't like being hunted!" He advances too quickly for me to see, but he's definitely attacking him somehow.

"Nagisa..." He just... he bit the guy. It was almost slow motion. He pulled him down, pushed his head back, and sunk his teeth into the poor bastard. Nagisa drops the body, quickly turning around.

"Karma? Shit!" He sprints away, leaving the dead man to rot.

"Wait!" I run after him. Oh my god Nagisa is an actual murderer. I snap out of my thoughts to avoid a tree, instead being whipped with a branch. I hold the stinging stripe on my cheek, continuing to follow the trail of footsteps. Just follow the footsteps. It's not like it hurts that bad, right?

"Don't follow me!" A breathy hiss echoes from somewhere up ahead. Are there even any caves up here?

"Nagisa, stop!" I continue after him. Since when is he this fast? Now I'm losing his trail!

He's... gone. I lost him. I look around the clearing quickly. It's giving me the creeps. Maybe I should just back out of here before I get myself killed.

-/-/-

I show up early to school the next day. I should probably tell Karasuma what happened. But I don't want to get Nagisa hurt. I push open the door to the teachers lounge.

The table has been transformed into a stretcher, carrying the man from the forest yesterday. Oh shit... I need to tell them.

"The monster did it again." Karasuma tries to answer the question I never asked.

"Monster?" Wait... oh please tell me whatever got him just ate the dead body.

"It's like a mutated snake poison. It's really disgusting." Irina pokes the corpse. No. No no no. This is NOT happening. Nagisa isn't actually a snake. He's just... snake-like. But... fuck it. It had to be him.