Diary

"Did I leave a book at your house?" Nagisa folds his fingers together, not really looking at me, but around us. He is really nervous to let this get out?

"Maybe. Did it look like this?" I pull the tattered thing out of my bag. His eyes light up.

"Oh! I thought I'd lost it." He opens his arms for it and nearly jumps towards me. I raise it out of reach and the reliefs leaves his features. "Come on, give it back!" He stands on his toes desperately.

"Mmmmm... no." I hide it in my bag again and push it behind me.

"Karma, Please!" He goes to grab at it. I step in front of him so he's leaning into me with one hand trying to mess with the straps. He's a trained assassin and he can't get his journal back? I put a hand to his shoulder, it's too pathetic.

"Fine, Fine." I pull the strap so it's back at my side, but let my hand hover over the magnetic clasp. I'm not just giving this away.

"What are you thinking about?" He looks skeptical, recoiling a half-step.

"The price." I need to think quickly. What's something I could convince him to do that wouldn't really hurt him?

"Please, Karma-!" If I hear him beg I'll give in!

"Hey! It's only a kiss." Bad idea, abort, abort! Too quick of a response!

"What?!" I'm an idiot. I'm stupid. I'm awful.

"I'll give it back if you kiss me." I can't act like that was an accident. Because then it was obviously on my mind! I'll play it off, it'll be fine.

"This isn't fair!" He's scanning the area more now, whining at his fate.

"Life isn't fair, Nagisa." Maybe he'll do it. Maybe it won't be so bad.

"...You won't take pictures or anything?" Even if I wanted to it wouldn't be to share. I'm not that cruel! It's personal for me too.

"Nope." Be cool. He might not do it. I could have him try to kill Karasuma instead? But there could be casualties so no.

"Rio isn't hiding to make fun of me?" I shake my head. Maybe I could have him kiss Isogai or something. Punch Terasaka? "Fine." W H A T ? He takes a step closer, pulling my tie gently so I bend down a little, and just barely touches his lips to mine. He backs up, looking around again before focusing back on me. He rolls his eyes before pulling me back in. He pushes around me a little, resting his and on my neck for a second before backing up. I must've looked so shocked he thought it was dissatisfaction. But... holy shit that was amazing. I never even thought about this other than daydreams. It's so much more emotional than I thought. We have to do that again. Nagisa doesn't even look like he hated it. He's just nervous.

"That was... good. So, I think I'll be keeping this a bit longer." I do have to give it back soon. Just not yet. If he'll kiss me once, I know he'll kiss me a second time.

"Karma!" Betrayal. I hate it.

"Do you need to write in it for today? Do you do that every night before bed? Tell it all your secrets?" He looks away quickly, sulking. "Oh shit, you do? Well, if you need to, you can sit in my lap to write." Any reason for compromise.

"I'm not doing that!" Worth a shot.

"Well then you'll have to write somewhere else tonight. I'll let you try for it again in the morning." He could try again now but that's too soon. I have to wait.

-/-/-

"Please... give it back. You've had your fun." He has distance between us, looking over my shoulder at the school building.

"Who are you to say when my fun is up? You can try again. If it's really good I'll give it to you now, but, since you were rude, you get to wait until after school." Maybe it'll be an even better kiss than yesterday.

"Well what's the price this time?" Obviously the same!

"Come on~ I don't change my mind that often, do I? It's still the same."

"There's no chance I'm getting it this early, is there?" He won't do it? I would've given it to him.

"Not if you don't try." Please?

"No. I'll get it after class."

-/-/-

-/-/-

"Karma you can't do that!"

"Do what?"

"Read people's..."

"Come on~ say what it is."

"Fine. It's my diary, so give it back. You shouldn't be reading it."

"I'll give it back after I'm asked properly." "Nagisa, I was just going to ask you to tell me who 'A' is."

"What?"

"It's fine! That was... fine. But, I just wanted to know who 'A' is. You talk about him a lot."

"You shouldn't have seen that!"

"What? Nagisa, calm down! I already know it's a guy, it's okay! You don't need to be worried about that."

"Don't touch me! Please... I have to go."

"Nagisa, please, tell me why you're upset." "Other than I took something I shouldn't have."

"If it tell you who he is you'll make fun of me."

"Nagisa, I promise, even if I was the person you were writing about, it wouldn't make fun of you. Sure I might tease a bit but I'd like to think I know when a topic is too touchy."

"How much did you read?"

"I feel like I have to be honest and say all of it."

"What?!"

"It's fine. We all have our dreams. I think you'd make a really good teacher, by the way."

"Thanks..."

"Will you tell me who it is? I've already ruled out most of the boys in our class, so is he a mystery from another school, or do I know him?"

"You know him."

"Nagisa, please. I need to know. You are my best friend, you can tell me anything. You'll still be my best friend."

"It's you."

"What?"

"The guy I was writing about. It's you."

"Really?"

"Yea... Oh my gosh, are you crying?!"

"I'm the one you said you loved? You love me?"

"Why are you crying?! And be quiet!"

"I love you too. With all my heart. I love you."

"Don't lie to me! You've already made fun of me enough."

"Wait, Nagisa, I do! Please! If everything you wrote in there was true... I feel the same way."