Angst 3

I AM AWARE THAT NAGISA LIVES IN AN APARTMENT. JUST ROLL WITH IT FOR THIS FANFIC. HE LIVES IN A HOUSE OKAY!

Nagisa POV

"You disrespectful child! Go wait in your room! I'll be up in a moment." My mother growls and let's go of my hair. She throws me a dress.

"Yes mother." I run away to my room.

Karma POV

Nagisa has been acting off lately. He was always flinching, like he was meant to be hurt by everyone. He was acting like a wimp. As if he couldn't defend himself. Like, if he were to stand up to an opponent, they would beat him silly. I don't like it. He would usually be fighting instead of defending in gym. It worries me to see him like this.

I walk up to his house and locate his window. Judging by how his light is on I'm sure he's in his room. I look around to make sure nobody is watching me then climb the conveniently placed tree to the second floor.

I peek through the glass. He's... Cross dressing... Why the hell is he cross dressing? He even looks scared and he keeps looking at his door. His hair is down! He never lets his hair down! I knock to get his attention. He takes one more worried glance at his door before running over to me.

"Karma what are you doing?! You need to leave!" He whispers. He didn't seem angry, just worried.

"But I just got here. You haven't been to school in a couple days so I wanted to check on you."

"I'm fine but you need to go!"

"You aren't going to invite me in before you kick me out?" I smirk. He was about to reply but a noise from inside stops him. He panics and pushes me, shutting his window and closing the blinds as I fall out of the tree. I catch myself on a branch and pull myself back up. Luckily he left the window unlocked. I lift it open quietly.

"Nagisa~ it's rude to push people out of windows." I open the curtains and climb in. What.

Nagisa is looking over at me, fear glazed over his large eyes. His mother had him by the hair, with a hand in the perfect position to slap him across the face. Seeing the blood on the floor I realize she must have done more. After she notices me her expression softens from an angry scowl to a warm smile. She lets go of him and fixes his hair.

"Nagisa-chan! Do you have a boyfriend?" She smiles, pulling me in.

"Yes mother. He came to see why I wasn't at school." Nagisa replies in a deadpan voice. He looks more like a drone than a human. She must have beat the sense out of him.

"It's because she's been here with me! I suppose I forgot to tell the school that I'm keeping her home for awhile for some bonding time."

"You call bonding time grabbing your son by the hair and beating him?!" I step between them.

"What are you talking about?! I would never lay a hand on my daughter!" I clutch the knife in my pocket closer.

"SON. S-O-N. He is a boy!" I take out the weapon and begin ushering Nagisa to his door keeping my body between him and the beast.

"HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?! DID YOU GIVE BIRTH TO HER?! NO! You didn't! I am her mother! I can decide these things!" I start backing out of the room myself.

"No you can't! Each person decides these things for themselves!" I walk down the stairs.

"You aren't a mother!" She shouts as Nagisa guides me to the door.

"You don't deserve to be his mother!" I shout before I slam the door in her face, grab Nagisa's hand and start running. He runs along.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-