Chapter 13

Isabella Denise

"Why'd you beat him up?" I asked Marco as he was wiping my bloody nose, we were currently in the bathroom and I was sitting on the counter, Marco had volunteered to fix my nose up for me and I didn't object, Why? Because I was a lazy bitch.

"Because I wanted to." He replied simply wetting the cloth which he had used to wipe the blood off my nose, it was bleeding a lot, the punch hurt.

"Seriously Marco tell me." I said with a serious face as he continued to wipe my nose and ignored me.

"Marco I'm talking to you!" I dead panned at him stopping him from touching my nose again and he placed both his hands on the counter trapping me and leaned forward studying my face.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face snapping him back to reality but he said nothing. Ladies and gentlemen this is when I thought he was a mute.

"Are you even listening to me? I'm talking to you Marco! For gods sake speak up!" I slightly yelled at him and he looked into my eyes.

"I beat him up because he deserved that." He simply said picking up the damp cloth beside him and wiping at my nose again since I could feel the blood on my lips and could taste the metallic taste of it.

"Marie had already did that." I said to him and he breathed out cursing in Italian under his breath.

"Do you always ask this many questions?" He questioned me and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." He said to me with annoyance and anger in his tone but there was something else in his eyes that I couldn't figure out.

"Why not?" I challenged him and anyone would have noticed the knuckles that had gone white from gripping the counter to hard.

"Don't challenge me you'll regret it." He said, but I wasn't the one to back down.

"I don't back down from anything, get that in your head." I said crossing my arms over my chest. "By the way the only thing I'll regret is ever trusting Albelino." I said gritting my teeth, just the thought of him made me sick.

I spat his name with venom in my voice hoping that venom would kill him the way I was imagining it in my head.

"Guess it's true, You can't trust anyone but yourself." I mumbled to myself but it seemed as Marco had heard it.

"Do you trust me?" He asked and my head automatically but instantly rose up as I looked at him with shock written all over my face.

"What?" I asked him shocked at the sudden question.

"Do. You. Trust. Me." He asked emphasizing every word as he leaned into me even more. I thought over the answer thinking if I should tell him or not but ended up telling him anyway.

"Honestly no I don't." I spoke and an emotion crossed over his face and it seemed like he was hurt? Why the hell would he be hurt? Why would he even care if I trusted him or not. He's an emotionless killer, a Mafia King, they are never hurt.

"I don't trust anyone, I think I don't trust myself anymore these days as well." I said in all honesty and it was true, I don't trust myself, I don't trust myself to make decisions because I don't know if they are right or if they are wrong. My body has already betrayed me because whenever Marco is near me, when he is pleasuring me as much as I want to push him away my body pulls him even closer.

The confusing thing was he never kissed me even when I was willing to.

Marco studied my face and was done with cleaning my nose and had ordered some ice to put on my face so that the bleeding would slow down and eventually stop later on. He had put the small bandage on my nose and I wanted to jump off the counter if it wasn't for him to be in front of me covering the space where I'm supposed to jump and his arms blocking my access to the sideway escape.