Chapter Two-Get Your Facts Right

•C O R E Y•

I didn't understand why mum made me do this. A whole day with Liam alone was bound to make me go crazy. I hated him with every part of my body. He's not the man my mum should be with. She should be with a man who understands why the step in step-father is there. I hated the way Liam acted like he was my real father, he will never be my real father. Marrying my mother and obviously having something to do with my last name change, does not make him my father.

"What do you wanna do today Corey?" He asked awkwardly. Nothing. I want to do nothing that involves him. If mum hadn't taken my GTA's I wouldn't be opening the passenger door of Liam's new car and dully getting in.

"Any ideas?" Liam persisted as I did my seat belt off. How about shut the fuck up you douche? That would be fun.

"No. I'd rather he playing GTA or CoD right now." I shot back tartly.

"Your mother said you're not playing those." Liam replied. He's annoyed. Thats a start at least. Maybe if I drive him crazy today he'll break up with mum-but he'll still be in my life. Mum will let Spencer see her dad. But won't let me see mine. I still vaguely remembered the day Spencer was born, it was a year after mum and Liam got married. I was nine. Spencer was alright...beside's when she went into my room, then I hate her with a passion.

"Yeah she said I can have them back if I went with you." I hissed. "Get your facts right."

"I don't see what your problem is Corey." He replied in annoyance.

"Shame. It's pretty damn obvious."

"Do you want me to go back in the house and tell your mother how you're speaking?"

"Well, I think she knows Liam. I open my mouth, move my tongue and bam! Words. It's kindy stuff Payne."

Liam clenched his jaw as he started the car. I loved pissing him off, he has no authority over me unless mums around-really mum has the authority to tell me to listen to him. She wishes he was my father. But I want the exact opposite. it's bad enough he's my stepfather...I'd probably kill myself if he was my real father...

"Corey," Liam started again, the annoyance had vanished from his voice and was replace with concern-concern for me, or what I would do to his car, I don't know...

"That's my name." I replied looking dully out the window, Liam's house was gone now. I hated his place, even though I'd lived there for years I never called it home. Never ever.

"Your mum is...well she's concerned about you..."

"Why?"

"She, how do I say this... Corey, do you like any girls?"

"What do you mean...?" I asked slowly. For once I cared about where Liam was going with this, which was rare. I never cared.

"Your mum thinks you like a girl."

"Like as in...?"

"As in 'damn she's hot like'. Do you like any girls?"

I did, I liked everything about her. The way she walked, the way she twisted her hair around her finger, the way she laughed. She's beautiful-with a really nice ass. A really really nice ass. She was everything, she was blonde, short-good for me seen as I'm a head taller than her, perfect for kissing-she has the perfect smile, even though she's getting braces next year... I can't really describe what I like about her-she just does it to me. She just... She's just her...

"Going by that face, I think you do..." Liam stated snapping me from my thoughts.

"Yeah...maybe..." I muttered, even thinking of her made me not hate Liam. I had an urge to just tell him everything about her.