Chapter Thirty Eight-Busted

"Don't look up, just let them think there's no place else you'd rather be."-Paramore, Fences

T E L L I E

When it came to Australia I was always so confused. In London it was cold in October and November, but in Australia it was hot as. I tugged at the sleeves of my jacket as I sat on the ground in front of the air conditioner back stage, wiping the sweat off my forehead. We'd been in Australia for two days now. And tonight was the first concert in Sydney and it was burning hot.

"Tells."

I looked over my shoulder at dad. "What?"

"We're going on now, stay in here and don't touch a thing." Dad said.

"Okay." I muttered turning back to the air con. It's not like I didn't know the "rules", whenever I was in the dressing room I wasn't aloud to touch a thing, I wasn't aloud to leave, and I wasn't aloud to even open the door. That had always been the three things I had to obey whenever sitting in the dressing room like I was right now, had been since I could remember.

I looked back over my shoulder, dad had already left closing the door behind him. I hated tours. It was while on tour that dad practically neglected me, he'd always end up just forgetting I was there until I acted up. Then I'd get a lecture on how to act in public and how I was being a bitch.

"Have you met Ted?"

I smiled at the sound of my phone going off. It felt like months since someone texted me.

New text from: 👉Corey👈

Um hey, I no ur still pissed at me (obviously) but I kinda miss you 😶like a lot... I was jerk I admit it I was a jealous unicorn turd, but I miss you, I really do so... yeah...

I bit my lip. The more I thought about it the more I realised I did miss Corey, I missed texting him and going over to his house after school and showing him weird videos on youtube.

New text to: 👉Corey👈

Jealous unicorn turd is an understatement 😂

New text from:👉Corey👈

Yeah... I guess so, truce???

New text to:👉Corey👈

Yeah I miss you to😇

New text from:👉Corey👈

😁Sorry for being a jerk... I really am

New text to:👉Corey👈

☺It's ok I'm just so hot you guys have to fight for me😉

New text from:👉Corey👈

Haha... it's funny coz u don't actually no how hot u r...

New text to:👉Corey👈

Me->🔥 you->💩

New text from:👉Corey👈

Wrong way round sister 😊

New text to:👉Corey👈

Totally off topic but I thought you were going to a new school this yr???

New text from:👉Corey👈

Changed my mind 😉

New text to:👉Corey👈

I'm glad you did