Chapter Fourteen-Just Checking Wifey

C O R E Y

She rejected me. Cristell Jayde Tomlinson rejected me. Over text. She rejected me via text message.

I stared at the texts over and over again so badly wanting to have some cocky reply to make her blood boil. She rejected me via text message!

I fumbled my fingers along the keyboard on my phone typing different messages to reply to Tellie. But nothing seemed the right thing to say. How was she so blind? Zach's leading her on just to break her heart and have another story to tell.

"Hey,"

I looked up from my phone watching as Cam walked in closing the door behind him.

How did he get in Liam's house...?

"Um... How did you get in here?" I asked locking my phone so Tellie's texts were no longer able for Cam to see.

"I came around to see you and your stepdad said you were up here so he let me come up here." Cam shrugged sitting on one of the bean bags on the floor.

"My stepdad?" I asked. "Liam let you up here?"

"Yeah, he said you were kinda out of it though."

"Yeah well, I got rejected via text-should you be with Zach's "gang" right now? Aren't I like, the no zone now?"

"Zach and Jay have problems with you, I don't. I'm with you, Zach's playing Tomlinson like chess."

"Cheesy."

"It's true though," Cam said with a small shrug. "You'd think Tomlinson would be smart enough to know he's playing her."

"She craves attention." I replied placing my phone on the bedside table. "Her mothers dead and her dads usually busy so..."

"Yeah but you'd think by thirteen..."

"Dude, you've got both parents. It kinda sucks when you only have one."

"You have both too Corey."

"My dad lives in Alabama with his wife and kids, calls me twice a month, sends me money for my birthday and Christmas and tries to convince me to move to Alabama to live with him."

"Would you ever go live with your dad?"

"No." I lied. I'd thought about moving to America to live with my dad. It would be better there. My stepmothers nice, her and dads kids are only a year younger then me and they don't get harassed by paparazzi. Yeah, it would be better. But they don't have Tellie, but that doesn't matter now. Cam and Spencer are the only things holding me back.

Spencer was annoying, but if I ever moved to Alabama all I would be thinking of was that time when mum and Liam were fighting for two weeks and Spencer was to scared to go near either of them so she stuck around me.

"Little miss laying in the sun-"

I looked to my phone.

"What song is that?" Cam asked practically laughing.

"Some crap Tellie put on there, it's her ringtone..." I replied grabbing my phone.

Incoming call from Tellie👑🌸🌑⚡🍟

"Answer it or I will." Cam hissed.

"Fine I'll put it on speaker."

Right when I was about to answer my phone stopped ringing. Tellie was no longer waiting on the other line for me. She probably hates me anyway...

"She was at Zach's the other day." Cam mused. "Zach asked her to watch us play, she was there today too. She videoed us and put on Instagram."

Just the though of Zach being in the same city as Tellie made my blood boil. He could play any other girl and I wouldn't have cared, but he choose the girl I like. The girl I've like for a whole year.