Chapter Eleven-P

•L O U I S•

"...Has she even come out of her room yet?" Eleanor asked. I drummed my fingers against the the counter shrugging before remembering she couldn't see me.

"No she wasn't." I replied into the phone. "I caught her trying to get the blades at like one in the morning."

"What'd you do?"

"Made her put them down and sent her back upstairs."

"Do you think she'll be okay?"

"I'm n-"

I stopped mid-sentence as Tellie walked into the kitchen.

"El I've gotta go." I said.

"I'll come around at four."

"See ya then, love you."

"Love you too."

"Tellie sit down." I instructed placing my phone on the bench.

"Are you mad...?" She mumbled taking a seat at the table. I sighed.

"No, I'm not mad." I replied, relief washing across her face. "I'm beyond mad. I am freaking pissed and disappointed. I am fucking annoyed as hell because of this."

I narrowed my eyes at her as she bit her lip and looked down at the ground. How could she actually do that to herself? How could she ever do that...? It seemed to confusing for me to comprehend. I should've noticed. How didn't I notice that my own daughter was cutting? How could she not haven even spoken to me about it? I couldn't comprehend it and I hated that I was trying to.

"Talk to me," I continued. "I want to know everything. When this started, why it started, what the fuck you were thinking. Spill."

"I... I don't... I... I can't." She stuttered.

"You bloody can. Talk."

"I can't okay? It's not that simple."

"I don't care. Tell me-"

"Why can't you just let it go?" Tellie shouted cutting me off. "You've never given a damn about me before why should you care now?"

"Never given a damn about you?" I asked my voice raising. "Is that what you think? If I didn't give a damn about you do you think you would be here? If I didn't give a damn you about you I can guarantee you would not be in London right now Cristell! If I didn't give a damn about you I wouldn't be trying to find out what the hell happened to make you think of even cutting!"

"The only person I'm hurting is myself!"

"And you will stop! End of discussion Cristell! I don't know what I'm supposed to say you but I can't tolerate knowing this!"

"You can't make me-"

"Yes I can." I hissed. "I can make you do anything I want 'cause I am your damn father. I get it something's obviously going on, but I can't do anything unless you tell me about it!"

Tellie quivered, taken aback and looking pretty damn scared, she drew her knees up on to the chair burying her head, her hair flooding down her shoulders.

"Just tell me how long." I snapped finally. "Tell me how long and that's all."

"Promise?" She whispered. I wasn't even sure what I was going to say to her. Part of me said to be nice to her and try and figure out what the hell had gone wrong and tell her whatever it was would end, but anger raged through me at the thought of her stupidity and at myself even for not noticing.

"That's all I wanna know today. I get it, you're upset about something but I don't want to see you hurt. Especially not by yourself." I said momentarily and for a minute I thought she was going to look up, but she didn't.