Chapter Fifteen-Are You Playing Me?

T E L L I E

It was torture sitting in the police station outside an office waiting as dad spoke to the cop who practically arrested us all. The store clerk said we all did it, so we all had hand cuffs out on and it was the officially the worst time in my life.

"I can't believe it..." Zach muttered next to me. "Jay... Shoplifting, its just weird..."

"How is it he got to go after his mum had a ten second conversation with the cop and it seems like my dads been in there for two hours." I muttered under my breath.

"Well, he's been in there for forty minutes-my mums not even here yet."

"Zach..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you playing me...?"

At my words Zach's eyes widened in surprise and his face washed over with confusion.

"Why would I play you?" He asked. "Thats just... I wouldn't..."

"Corey said you are..." I replied with a shrug.

"Payne? Don't believe a word of his shit."

"Well it's kinda-"

I stopped dead as the office door opened and the cop emerged dad behind him.

"Your free to go Miss Tomlinson," The cop said almost sounding disgusted when he said it. "I suggest getting a new group of friends."

"I suggest you get a life." Zach shot back. The cop looked to shocked to say anything back to Zach, but his eyes were filled with annoyance and hatred like if he weren't a cop in a police station he'd be shooting Zach then and there.

"Mr Pierce please step in here." The cop said motioning towards his office. Zach and I both got to our feet at the same time, Zach looking down at me.

"You're lips bleeding." He whispered.

"I know." I replied.

"I'm sorry about Jay... You shouldn't have to go through this 'cause he did something stupid."

"Neither should you."

"I enjoyed today though. Until Tayla interrupted."

"Mr Pierce!" The cops voice boomed.

"I'll call you tonight." Zach whispered. He pushed past me walking straight into the cops office. I bit my already bleeding lip as I turned to dad. I'm in shit. He didn't say anything, he just shook his head and started walking towards the exit. Me trailing after.

"Hurry up." He snapped not even looking back at me.

"Your walking to fast." I muttered. Dad shot me a 'shut the hell up' look making me bite harder on my lip as I followed him down the street.

I could see the car in view now as I followed after dad my stomach churning.

"Get. in. now." He ordered, still not looking at me as I stopped in front of the car. I dully opened the door and got in the car.

"Don't talk." Dad hissed as he got in the car.

"But dad-"

"Cristell!"

I closed my mouth and looked out the window. It was now dark and street lamps were on everywhere. The buildings outside started to move and I laid my head on the window.

My stomach was doing summersaults as I stared out the window. I'd never ever been in any situation like this. And I'd never ever seen my father this pissed off. Ever. I soon recognised the street my heart pounding as the car stopped in the driveway. I was dreading the moments to come mote then i dreaded dad finding my blades.