Chapter Thirty Three-Nicknames

"I often miss this little girl. Whose dreams had no barriers, who believed in a world where anything is possible. with a heart that was full and unbroken."

Z A C H A R Y

I couldn't help but roll my eyes as Corey snapped about Tellie nearly beating him to a pulp.

He had it coming...

"I don't even see what her problem is..." Corey muttered dropping the cigaret in his hands to the concrete ground.

"I don't know man. It's pretty obvious if you ask me..." I replied as Corey pulled yet another cigar out of his pocket. "Dude where did you get the cigarettes from?"

"Cam. Want one?"

"No... It's illegal dude."

"So?"

"My grandma died of cancer..."

"Well, neither of us are your grandma. Just take one. No one's gonna find out."

"If my mum smells cigarets on me I'm dead." I hissed. "And I know if your mum finds out she'll kill you too."

Corey shrugged. "I hope my mum finds out."

"Why?"

"'Cause maybe she'll realise I actually have some guts. She's been acting like I'm a six year old since yesterday."

"Since Tellie kicked your ass."

"Shut up..."

"What? She did."

"I know... I don't even know how she could do that. It hurt like hell."

I laughed. "Beaten up by a girl... You've lost your touch Payne."

"Fuck you." Corey hissed, taking a puff if his cigaret.

"Mate, seriously? Stop smoking." I snapped.

"Oh come on Pierce. Its a cigaret."

"Says the fifteen year old whose mum gonna have his head when she finds out he's smoking."

"Fine." Corey dropped the cigaret to the ground. I smirked as I looked down at my phone in my hand.

New text from: ❤Tell Tell❤
Wanna come over? kinda depressed right now :(

"Why's she depressed?" Corey hissed looking down at my phone.

"She had to see a psychiatrist." I said sliding my phone in my pocket.

"Are you going to go see her?"

"Yeah. You should think of getting rid of that cigaret smell..."

Corey laughed. "You are so whipped."

"You might wanna stop smoking before you get cancer." I told him.

Corey stopped laughing. "Maybe I want cancer."

"Yeah, say that to the people with it."

It seemed to be becoming a habit for Tellie to sit on her driveway waiting for me. 'Cause thats what she did yesterday, the day before that, and now today.

At first I thought she was wearing plain black tights, but then my eyes landed on the lined pattern that started at her knees and went right down.

"Hey..." I started. "You okay?"

Tellie wiped a tear from her eye. "I guess...you smell like smoke..."

"Payne was smoking... What happened with you?" I asked taking a seat next to her. All day at school she'd seemed happy, hanging around me and Cam, scowling whenever we mentioned Corey.

"I had to see a psychiatrist..." She muttered more tears swelling in her eyes. "And...and..."

I put Tellie's hand in mine as she tried to contain her crying. But I knew, that she knew, she couldn't hold it back any longer.

"It's okay." I assured her. "Whatever it is..."

"H-H-He diagnosed me with mild d-depression. H-H-He said it was minor but..."

I bit my lip as Tellie hung her head still crying. Tellie didn't seem depressed. Not the past three days at least, she always looked happy around me. But maybe that was just me making her smile...

"I'm not depressed." She whispered. "I cut myself but that doesn't mean I'm depressed."

Cut...past tense or present tense?

I didn't ask. It felt insensitive to go ahead and ask her that why she was in tears about being depressed.

"And the way it's said..." Tellie continued looking up. "Diagnosed. It makes it sound like a disease like cancer or something..."

"I know..." I replied.

"My dads gonna kill me..."

"He's not gonna kill you."

"You don't know my dad... He doesn't give a damn about me unless I do something terrible. And this is something terrible."

"He can't really blame you for this..." I said squeezing her hand. "Really it's his fault. I mean, I have a feeling that if it wasn't for him you wouldn't have started cutting..."

"Your right...and that sucks..." Tellie muttered slightly leaning into me. It felt nice having her head on my shoulder. "But my dad will find some way to make it my fault..."

"He sounds like a douche..."

"He isn't really...he just doesn't get anything..."

Silence ached between us. Tellie's head on was on my shoulder, and my hand was around her's. I wonder if its weird for her. Being thirteen dating a fifteen year old... Really weird...

"I'm sorry about what happened." I whispered. "You may have been diagnosed with depression but your still my hyper, weird girlfriend."

"Hyper?"

"You've never been on the receiving end of your speeches about Drew Chadwick's abs."

Tellie laughed. "I don't know what I'd do without you..."

"Neither."

Saturday came like a breeze. And I spent it how I'd spent most of the week. On Tellie's driveway asking her dumb questions and kissing her slowly. The weather was getting colder now. October was coming and leaves were falling in front of houses. Tellie seemed to like it. I couldn't understand what made her seen depressed to a total stranger.

"I've got therapy in an hour..." Tellie groaned locking her phone and placing it on the driveway.

"Is it that bad?" I questioned.

"My therapist is a bitch."

"You think everyone's a bitch."

"Yeah well I'm a bitch what am I supposed to think?"

I laughed. "You know Payne's got this big mark on his face where you punched him."

"Oh good." Tellie replied with a smirk. "I guess he'll remember not to piss me off."

"He meant well..." I muttered.

"Why are you defending him?"

"I'm not. I was just saying, he thought he was protecting you..."

"Yeah well I don't need protecting."

"I know. Hey has your dad said anything about your...depression?"

Tellie bit her lip. "No... Not that I know of... I'm starting to think El never got around to telling him or he just doesn't care."

"That must suck..." I muttered.

"Yeah... It's actually scaring me..."

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?"

"Yeah sorry... El's working so I'm going to Chantelle's."

"I don't know who that is..."

"Oh right. Yeah um, Niall's wife. She's nice, but jeez I don't think I'll survive..."

"Why?"

"Niall and Chantelle have like four kids, wouldn't surprise me if she was pregnant again... But yeah their kids are really annoying."

I laughed. "Nice Tellietubby."

"Oh so your nicknaming me now?" Tellie asked with a small smirk.

"You said I wasn't aloud to call you Tell Tell." I retorted.

"Yeah, 'cause that's what my dad called me when I was like three." She shot back. Tellie laughed as did I. She was beautiful. Nothing more to say.

(A/N

IF YOU DONT SHIP ZELLIE BY NOW YOU'RE CRAZY-Oh WAIT WE DONT USE THE C WORD AT CAMP HALF BLOOD

(I've been reading Percy Jackson okay)

;)

ANYWAY

5

VOTES

5

COMMENTS

-P