Chapter Six-To Love Is To Destroy

•T E L L I E•

"To love is to destroy." - Valentine

It was like a trance. The way I ran down the hallway, it was slightly familiar but I couldn't tell where it was.

I somehow knew exactly where to go even though I hardly remembered the place but I knew where I was going.

I was panting as I collapsed to the ground, footsteps following after me. The attacker slowly came into vision. He-or she-was masked, a Basel mime mask to be exact. I recognised it instantly, Half Neutral.

The attack smirked at me, and soon they pulled a knife from the picket of their trench coat. It was like watching a movie as he or she held the knife inches away from my heart. This was how it ends.

When I woke I was panting. For so long that same dream had flashed through my very eyes and every time I only had one question, who was behind the mask?

Somehow I seemed to forget everything for a second. Everything that had happened today and for a minute I wanted to scream and find out where I was. But then it all came back gushing like water falling through a colander.

I was still in one of the spare rooms at Aunt Wendy's lying dully on the queen sized bed in the middle of the room. The walls were wallpapered in beige with a vertical line of flowers every twelve inches. The carpet was the same kind of colour, and the furniture was all brown wood.

"Tellie."

I snapped my head towards the door groaning as I saw Chaim.

"Chaim isn't it like one in the morning?" I moaned.

"Yeah, but I heard you talking in your sleep." Chaim shrugged as he waltzed into the room closing the door behind him.

"Sorry..." I muttered sitting up in the bed. I pulled the hair band out of my hair, re-twisting my hair around before tying it in a bun.

"I do it too sometimes."

I nodded as Chaim sat on the bed staring at me as if he wanted to say something.

"Tellie." He started. "What's a D-O-U-C-H-E?"

I laughed. "Seriously? You sneak into my room just to ask me that?"

"Yeah-No one will tell me."

"It's a...a... I can't say it."

"Why?"

"It's gross..."

Chaim sighed. "I'm eight I can handle it."

"Yeah totally." I replied. Chaim pursed his lips and stared down at the ground.

"Mum said we can see Gramma tomorrow..." He mumbled. I joined Chaim in staring at the floor. Even the age difference between us couldn't change the fact that we both felt the same way.

"H-Have you seen her yet...?" I asked softly.

"No, they wouldn't let me or Max in. Tellie, do you think she'll be okay?"

"I don't know Chaim... I... I don't know..."

Chaim sighed and continued staring at the ground. I never exactly got on the best with Chaim. He was usually to annoying to really try to have a proper conversation with unless you talked about something he liked.

I looked up from the ground looking towards the window. Rain was pouring heavily and maybe even hailing, but it was relaxing. Really relaxing.

"Chaim how long are you sitting in here...?" I asked slowly.