Chapter Fifty-One Train Ride To Death

"I don't know if you know who you are until you lose who you are." - Taylor Swift

T E L L I E

I was never one of those people who went crazy over Christmas, I honestly didn't see the point in any of it. What good comes from having a tree in your house? Then decorating it... It's useless. But apparently dad and Eleanor didn't think that... I went to school one day, got send home early for being sick and the house was full of Christmas crap.

Jessie said she always was the one making her parents put up stuff for Christmas. But for me it was always my dad and El trying to make me go Christmassy.

Like that would ever work...

Never. Gonna. Happen.

"Tellie." Dad said, making me look away from my iPod. Him and El were sitting all...couply... Even though I think she's about to fall asleep. I probably would be too if I was actually watching whatever crap dad had put on.

"What?" I asked dully.

"Bed. It's eleven thirty, if you're up any longer it'll be Christmas."

I'd almost forgotten Christmas was tomorrow. I never usually remembered it 'cause Christmas Eve was dads birthday. And I really don't multitask with remembering stuff.

"I'm not tired." I said bluntly.

"I don't care." Dad replied. "Go to bed."

"The movie's not over-"

"You're not even watching. Go to bed."

"Ugh."

I groaned and got up from the lounge stalking towards the doorway.

"Good night to you too then!" Dad called.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah whatever!"

I walked up the staircase, my iPod firmly in my hand. There was this one bitch on Instagram really pissing me off, and she had been for weeks now. I just wanted message her to fuck off, but what good is that?

I chucked my iPod on my bed, pulling off my jumper before sitting in bed.

I scrolled through my contacts, clicking on Zach and waiting.

New text from: Zach💀

So um... I have your Emblem3 jumper... you left it at my house that time and I didn't notice 'til now so...feel free to come and get it, or I can give it to Corey when he gets back... so yeah... this is Zach btw

New text to: Zach💀

Um... Yeah give it to Corey... in one piece please...

My heart was pounding hard as I stared at my phone. I couldn't give a shit about my jumper right now. All I wanted was to keep messaging Zach. Even if we were fighting it was reassurance he hasn't forgotten me.

New text from: Zach💀

K...

New text to: Zach💀

K? Really...?

New text from: Zach💀

Yeah. K... Bye I have better things to do then talk to you.

My heart stopped pounding.

Better things to do then talk to you...

The words were going to be stuck in my head all night...

Dear Diary

What can I say? Christmas was boring (as usual)

Zach was a jerk on Christmas Eve (as usual)