Chapter Fourty-Room 302

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." - William Shakespeare

L O U I S

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration, swallowing the lump in my throat as yet another nurse shot me a curious glance. It seemed like hours since I'd been told anything about Tellie. Niall was sitting in the chair next to me, impatiently drumming his fingers on the arm of the chair, which only made this all more tense.

"What if she's dead...?" I asked quietly. I could hardly say the words, but it's the only thing I was thinking of.

"She's not dead." Niall replied abruptly. "They'd tell you if she was dead..."

"I can't live with my self if she dies..." I muttered shaking my head. "God I feel terrible knowing this is my fault in the first place..."

"It's not your fault Tellie made a mistake."

"I asked her why she cut..."

"What'd she say?"

"She said it was 'cause of me..."

"Louis she was pissed off that we found her trying to cut, she probably didn't mean it."

I nodded, even though I didn't believe him at all. I knew Tellie like the back of my hand, she was full on serious about every word she said.

"Mr Tomlinson?"

I automatically got to my feet waiting as the doctor walked towards me.

"Tell me you have some information on my daughter." I snapped instantly.

"Don't mind him he's been a bit on edge..." Niall said getting to his feet as well.

"I do actually have some information for you. I'm Dr Wilson, and-"

"Is she alive?" I cut in. "I need to know that my daughter is alive."

"She's alive and well. We managed to stop the bleeding, but she has suffered a lot of blood loss and will need to stay here for about a couple of nights. Your lucky we were able to treat it, if say the bleeding was undiscovered for even a minute more theres nothing we could've done." Dr Wilson beamed. "But theres also one other thing."

Oh fuck...

I bit my lip. "What is it?"

"I'm sure you're aware of the cuts on her wrists..."

"Yes."

"We discovered one of those cuts on her right arm has an infection, which she'll have to take some antibiotics or something for. But I'll go more into that with you later. She's still asleep, but when you're ready room 302 on the next floor up."

"Okay, thank you."

"See," Niall started as I headed towards the elevator. "She's alive."

"You heard him. One minute later and she would've died." I replied dully.

"Thank me. If I hadn't have gotten you then she would've just out a bandaid on and said it was nothing."

"Why were you even in there?"

"She started screaming."

I didn't reply this time, I just went into the elevator Niall with me, my mind racing.

One more minute and I would've lost Tellie...

"Arizona's got cancer." Niall muttered. "Found out last week while we were in London... Leukaemia. They think they can cure it but chances are..."