Chapter Twenty Five-What Dare

• Dedicated to My Corey

C O R E Y

It was all pretty much a blur to me, even as I opened my eyes now I had no idea where I was, or how I got there.

"Corey,"

I slowly opened my eyes, mum into view.

"Where am I?" I asked, the room was a dull blue, and just overall looked empty. It wasn't anywhere I'd ever been before.

"The hospital, Zach called me and said you'd fallen over or something, poor boy was scared to death." Mum replied putting a hand to my forehead.

"Zach called you?"

"Yeah, he's outside with Spence waiting to see you."

"Oh... Mum, I did something terrible to Zach..."

"Honey, he's been waiting out there since ten this morning to see you, he's your best friend. You guys are gonna probably gonna knock each other at one stage-honestly I'm surprised you haven't yet, with both liking the same girl and that."

I gulped. "Can I see Zach? Or..."

"You sure you're okay?" Mum asked softly.

"Yeah, I'm just confused really..."

"I'll send him in."

"Thanks."

I watched as mum got up from the chair she sitting on, beaming before walking to the dull door and leaving.

"Hey." Zach muttered as he walked through the door, lightly closing it behind him.

"Hey, so, I guess you didn't tell my mum that you knocked me out." I replied.

"I'm sorry, but you usually punch harder then me. Think of it as pay back from when you put me in hospital last year."

"I was a dick, I deserved it... Telling your girlfriend you cheated on her when you didn't was a pretty stupid thing to do... I'll tell it was a joke. I'll even get Tayla to tell her to."

Zach sighed. "Either way, she's gonna hate someone isn't she? She's known you longer..."

"She already hates me. She freaking slapped me in the face twice." I retorted.

Zach laughed and I both laughed for a bit before he awkwardly sat on the chair mum had been sitting on minutes ago.

"I'm not using her." He said bluntly. "I'm not playing her or anything. I swear. Maybe at first it was kinda just because of the dare, but when it comes down to it-"

"What dare?" I asked.

"The dare... Oh you weren't there. Right, well... Cam just dared me to see what would happen if I went after her. He wanted to see what you would do, but I ended up actually liking her after like two days... Apparently I forfeited when I told Cam I liked her..."

Cam? Out of the people Cam? He has to be joking... Cameron Roth was an absolute douche at times but would he really do that? Dare Zach to go after the girl I liked?

Yeah he would.

"So, you actually like her... You're not just saying this as a cover up?" I asked.

"Yeah. I like her. It's hard not to, she's funny, weird but in a good way, likes good music, she's hot-"

"I know right?"

"Yeah, she doesn't really look thirteen."

"She looks fourteen."

"Yeah," Zach agreed. "But I'm serious, I'm not playing her. I swear."

"I believe you..." I replied quieter then usual.