Chapter Thirty Five-Little Girl

"The main reason why a daughter needs a dad is to show her that not all the boys are like the ones who hurt her."

L O U I S

12:30 am

I locked my phone walking inside the house dropping my stuff against the wall. Tellie was probably asleep, but it wouldn't surprise me if El was up waiting for me.

I made my way up the staircase, running my fingers through my hair as I did. Tellie's door was slightly open, no light inside.

"You awake Tells?" I murmured walking into Tellie's room.

"Mmm hmm..." Tellie moaned her eyes opening slightly. I sat on her bed, brushing her hair from her face.

"Hey baby girl, I've missed you."

"Daddy...?"

"Yeah, it's me love." I smiled, Tellie hadn't called me "daddy" since she was sick at the beginning of the year.

"I missed you." Tellie replied softly. "A lot..."

"I missed you too. You been okay?"

Tellie nodded. "No nightmares or cutting."

"Good job love," I kissed her forehead. "Proud of you. You'll try and keep it that way right?"

"Mmm hmm."

"I'll let you sleep darlin'."

"I can't sleep..."

"You were asleep before I came in here."

"No..."

"It's nearly one in the morning and you've got school tomorrow, get some sleep baby girl."

"Okay..."

"Goodnight Tells."

"Night..."

I kissed her forehead again but getting up from the bed. I stared at Tellie for a moment, watching as she closed her eyes.

"You can stay home tomorrow." I whispered bending down and pulling her blanket over her shoulders.

"I love you."

"I love you too, now sleep."

I stood straight giving one last look to my little girl before leaving the room. The little girl I'd give anything to know she was happy. I'd give anything in the world...

I lightly closed the door before walking down the end of the hallway, grinning as I entered my bedroom.

"Hey," I said softly, watching as El looked up from the book she was reading on the bed.

"Hey, your home."

"For tomorrow then I have to go to Australia. I'm letting Tells have tomorrow off school, 'cause she'll probably wanna stay here with you when I go so I wanna spend time with her."

El shook her head. "Nope. She's pissed at me, she'll wanna go with you."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion taking a seat on the bed next to El.

"Why?" I questioned.

"She ditched school today."

I groaned. And here I was expecting Tellie to have done nothing... How did I think she wouldn't be a bitch and do something like this?

"Are you serious?"

"Yep."

"Why did she ditch school? How does she know how to do that? She-"