Chapter Eighteen-She's Blind

C O R E Y

Every time Cam pitched the ball, I just stood for a second my mind wondering to Tellie before I got the ball and watched as it flew away and Cam cursed about how he would be the one who had to go find the baseball.

Cam pitched the ball again and I did the exact thing I'd been doing since six this morning. I wondered about Tellie. I wasn't an idiot, I knew Louis probably went crazy at her. And I knew Tellie probably knew that if I hadn't have told Liam she was there she would have gotten away with sneaking out. But honestly she deserved what she got.

"Payne! You might want to actually hit the ball!" Cam shouted.

"I've gotta go in like ten minutes anyway!" I replied dropping the bat to the ground.

"Why?"

I waited 'til Cam was closer to begin to talk, and honestly I loved hearing myself say it over and over again.

"Liam's going on tour tomorrow." I explained not able to keep the joy out of my voice.

"And why do you have to leave here early...?" Cam asked furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"'Cause, my mum wants to have "family time" before he goes. I honestly don't think I classify as family though..."

"Then what are you? A random teen who lives in their house?"

"That's about it and tomorrow mum said she'll drop me off here around ten."

"Ten? Why ten? We've been starting a six every morning for the past week." Cam exclaimed throwing his hands up in frustration.

"'Cause, I have to come with her and Spencer to the airport to drop Liam off. I'm only going 'cause I'll be able to talk to Tellie." I replied.

"So, this is all for her? I'm saying this as your best friend and only that. Just, get over her. She's obviously crazy for picking Zach over you. Let her make her mistake."

"I can't. I don't wanna see her get hurt."

"She doesn't believe you. She thinks Zach's mr wonderful."

"I can try." I said bluntly. "I can keep telling her that's he using her, the more people say it the more it'll get into her head and the more she'll think about it, which means she'll believe it sooner or later."

Cam shook his head. "Just let her go. She's with Zach game over. I'm sorry mate but you missed out."

"What do you mean she's with Zach?" I asked as we walked towards Cam's house, the baseball equipment still on the grass.

"I mean they're going out. Zach's her boyfriend, she's his girlfriend. Cheesy but that's what happened. Be kissed her before the party the other night and now their together."

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Dammit I fucking hate Pierce.

"Sorry." Cam added with a shrug. "Just leave her alone to be happy for a bit. She's got like a week before Zach'll probably start something."

"He doesn't deserve her." I replied bluntly my fist clenching out of anger. "Why did he even go after the girl I like? It seems like a pretty dumb idea."

"Actually it's pretty smart. He gets to find out how much you actually like her, if you'll actually be his friend if he dates girls you like. And find on, Tomlinson's hot even I'll admit that and I've got my own girlfriend."