Chapter Fourty Five-Heart Broken Teenager

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban

T E L L I E

I held the tissue to my eye crying harder and harder with every second that passed. He lied to me. Zach lied to me.

He promised not to tell but he did. If he told Corey about my cutting then I god knows who else he did.

"Tells can I come in honey?" Dad asked slowly opening my bedroom door.

"Go away... I wanna be alone..." I muttered, quickly wiping tears from my eyes with the tissue.

Dad furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What's up love?"

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"Come on you can tell me baby girl."

I shook my head as dad bit his lip, sitting next to me on the bed.

"Talk to me Tell Tell." He persisted. I let out a shaky breath and looked to my feet.

"He lied to me..." I mumbled wiping my eye with the tissue again.

"Who?"

"Zach... He-He told-I told him I cut and he-he-he told Corey when he said he wouldn't tell anyone..."

"Oh baby girl." Dad muttered putting an arm around me.

"He-He..." I stuttered crying into his shirt.

"Hey, shh love. It's okay."

"N-No it's n-not... He-He lied to me... He..."

"He's a bastard Tells." Dad muttered stroking my hair.

"No he's not." I sobbed. "He's-"

"A motherfucking bastard. Baby girl why'd you tell him in the first place?"

"I trusted him..."

"Ugh Tells... It'll be okay. Just dump his ass," Dad kissed my forehead. "If he's going to be a prick he can be a prick to someone else. Not my daughter."

"Why would he do that to me...?" I chocked through tears.

"I don't know darlin'. I'm really sorry, but I don't..."

I twisted the silver necklace around my finger staring down at the ring that hung off it. I looked to the window of the car, silently sighing before looking back to the ring.

I didn't want to go to school today. I wanted to stay in bed crying and listening to Taylor Swift songs and re-read The Fault In Our Stars. But of course dad wouldn't allow that. Apparently he had something with Simon Cowell 'til one and wouldn't let me stay at home by myself and El couldn't get the day of work (I don't actually know what she does...) so I was stuck going to school. Where Zach would approach me and ask why I hadn't texted him or gone to his house last night like I said I would.

"Dad..." I mumbled dropping the necklace so the ring hung over my chest. "I don't wanna go to school."

"Tells, I'm working and El's working-if one of us wasn't I would let you." Dad replied sympathetically. "Since when are you this emotional anyway?"

I let out a shaky breath. "Since my boyfriend lied to me..."

"He's just a boy."

"I hate the male species."

"Oi. Think about who your talking to miss heart broken teenager."

I glared at him.

"Tellie, that is what we in the normal world call a joke." Dad said with a small chuckle. "Seriously Tells stop taking everything so seriously. It's getting really hard to live with. Might have to kick you out or something."