Chapter Fifty Two-Take Your Time

"Whenever you read a cancer booklet or website or whatever, they always list depression among the side effects of cancer. But, in fact, depression is not a side effect of cancer. Depression is a side effect of dying." -Hazel, The Fault In Our Stars

H A R R Y

Megan had been begging me to go on a date ever since Liam and Destiny ditched us at that restaurant.

She would call, skim through small talk before finally asking if I was free anytime soon. I'd always said no-until yesterday. I wanted to be with her again, she just had this way that she could make me forget about everything that ever went wrong. She made Carly a peaceful memory.

As I stood with Megan in Starbucks, smiling as she ranted on about coffee beans I couldn't help but feel happy. She was beautiful, funny, nice, also had something to talk about. She reminded me a bit of Carly.

But she isn't Carly...

"You know people have been taking photos of us and your fans are gonna go ballistic." Megan said sipping her coffee and smirking at me.

"I'm sorry about that." I replied. "I get it if you don't wanna see me because of it... My "fans" prefer me to seem available."

"No. I wouldn't stop seeing you 'cause of it." Megan admitted. "Haters are my motivators."

I smiled, taking a sip of my own drink. Here I was, in Starbucks, with a beautiful girl enjoying a beautiful coffee. What could go wrong?

"Your phones ringing." Megan said her eyes on my phone. That's what could go wrong...

"It's Niall, I'm sorry I'll have to take this." I muttered before quickly sliding to accept the call.

"Take your time."

"Niall." I said holding my phone to my ear.

"Hey, look I need you to do a favour for me mate." Niall replied wearily.

"What is it...?"

"You know I told you about how Ari's got cancer?"

"How could I forget? Is she doing alright? She's fine right?"

"Not really... She's in hospital and its not looking good so I need to be there. Thats where you come in. I need you to watch Jace, Uriah and Bells for me. They can't be in the hospital and I need to know they're safe."

I gulped. "Niall... I can't watch three kids... I would love to but-"

"It won't be that hard." Niall cut in. "Trust me they're polite as to anybody who's not me or Chantelle."

"Have you asked Liam?"

"Something happened to Corey I don't know what but him and Des are going skits-they already left Spencer with Zayn and Darian so they're out of the question too."

"Um... Louis?"

"Something happened to Corey and Tellie was with Corey."

"Uh... Chantelle's brother! That dude I can't remember his name but you know her brother."

"I am not leaving my kids with Clay." Niall scowled. "Ever."

"I'm not exactly that good with kids..."

"You watched Tellie all the time when she was younger."

"That's different. Tellie was one kid not three. And besides, the last time I watched her she was like six and ended up being sick all over my lounge room."

"Can you please just watch them? After you I've only got people they don't know well to ask... And for their sake its better if they're with someone they know. I don't care if you take them to Louis' once he sorts out whatever Tellie did."