Chapter Twenty Nine-I Won't

"A broken mirror, a bleeding fist, a silver blade against a wrist, tears falling down to lips un-kissed, she's not the kind you'll come to miss." - Unknown

T E L L I E

I spilt everything out to Liam. Everything that I wanted him to know at least. With every word I said he just nodded, taking it in. But when it came to down to it he didn't look like he understood a word. And that hurt. I craved to have someone understand what I meant. Someone flat out say "I understand." and actually mean it. But no one I knew would understand. Not a single person... They all said they did just to make me feel better. But it's not like I was that blind.

"I'm still confused." Liam admitted looking slightly embarrassed as I sighed. "Tellie, if you have no problem with El, why is there a problem with your dad proposing?"

"'Cause," I replied dully. "I... I just don't want it... The change... It seems like to much has already changed in the past months and I don't want anything else to change... I just want to be stable..."

"Yeah but Tellie, you've got to understand your dad and Eleanor have been together since before you even lived with your dad. They were going to get married years ago, it's not really a new thing..."

I could vaguely remember being five or six and stuff about dad and El getting married floating around. I always assumed maybe I was just thinking it, but maybe it was real.

"So what's the problem?" Liam persisted.

"Has Corey ever said why he doesn't really like you?" I questioned, the thought of what Corey had once said when I was eleven and he was thirteen.

"No..."

"Well, I don't if its the main problem, but one of his things is that he deep down always wanted his mum and dad to get back together, and you and Destiny getting married just crushed that dream. And that's what I feel. I know it's impossible-my mothers dead-but I've just always wanted to be a normal kid who lives with both parents. Not that one kid who gets picked on in the second grade 'cause she has to sit out while the rest of the class makes Mother's Day cards... The idea of my dad marrying someone else scares me 'cause it means he's over my mum. And then if him and Eleanor have kids what's gonna happen to me? I'll end up just being the mistake he got from having at sex at seventeen- I actually did the math- and he'll just start to put me to side. He neglects me enough already..."

"He doesn't neglect you."

"Ha!"

"Maybe he gets busy at times but-"

"You don't have to sugar coat it." I cut in. "I get it. He chooses his career over me and gets pissed when I stuff it up for him. It's the only reason he's letting me go with Eleanor to London..."

Liam shook his head. "He's never chosen his career over you-"

"-The day I was born-" I sang.

"-You know, when you were six, you were in London with your mum and broke you arm, and he flew straight out there. Even though he missed like a weeks worth of concerts and we had to reschedule he got on the first plane he could."

"Nice try..."

"What?"

"If you're going to lie to me at least be accurate Liam..."

"Tellie you know I'm not lying..."

"Liam. My mum died when I was three." I countered.

"Well... Um... Yeah your still clueless aren't you...? Well moral of the story. Your dad loves you, and you should just be happy for him and El." Liam replied, plastering a reassuring smile on his face.