Chapter Twenty Six-Oh The Joy Of Success

"When will the princess figure it out she ain't worth saving?"-All Time Low, Paint You Wings

T E L L I E

Different city. New hotel.

New hotel. New room.

It was all the same no matter what. This hotel room was larger then the last, the living area had more than the colour white and the kitchen was definitely bigger. There was a balcony and I stood on there once. Fans were standing down stairs holding up signs and screaming as well as taking photographs.

Missed call from Zach❤

Missed call from 👉Corey👈

Missed call from Tay the queen💋

Missed call from Zach❤

I locked my phone and slid it into my pocket. It seems like all my phone was filled with now was texts and missed calls. It was hard to separate the crap Corey and Tayla were texting from the important stuff. But honestly there wasn't much important stuff happening, it was either the calls and texts or someone liked my Instagram picture, or a new email from Wattpad. Or the odd occasion being tagged in a tweet. But really there was nothing. Absolutely nothing.

It seemed like years ago I'd jumped out my bedroom window to go to a party with Zach.

Seemed like years since I slapped Corey in the face.

Seemed like years since this stupid tour started.

Really all it was was months. It was only a month yet it felt like decades.

Time's tricky in the way, the more stuff that happens the more time it feels like.

It was like the first time I cut. As I stood in my bathroom shaking as I held the new blade over my wrist it had felt like years not hours since I'd woken up that morning. I used to be an open book to the world, and now what was I? A mystery? A shadow? Did I really even exist?

"Three pm on my feet and staggering -"

I groaned in annoyance as I pulled my phone from the pocket of my skinny jeans.

Incoming call from Zach❤

"Just answer the fucking phone." Dad hissed. I'd almost forgotten him and Zayn were in the living area sitting on their laptops or whatever. I couldn't remember where Niall, Harry and Liam were, but they definitely weren't in the hotel room.

"No." I muttered putting my phone back in my pocket. "I'm not speaking to him."

"At least put your phone on silent." Zayn said not even looking away from his laptop. "Your ringtones annoying the crap out of me."

"I don't have to listen to you." I shot back.

"But you do have to listen to me." Dad replied tartly. "Just call the boy and talk whatever happened out, you've been a freaking zombie ever since you stopped talking to him."

"Have not." I hissed.

"Hate to break it to you love..." Zayn trailed off. "Isn't he your boyfriend anyway?"

"Yeah-maybe-sorta...I don't know..."

"Tells," Dad started. "If your gonna dump him. Dump him with style."

I tilted my head in confusion. "What?"

"If you're going to dumb him, you're gonna dump him with style. Not by ignoring him, you should be capable of actually telling him you're breaking up with him, you're my daughter."