Seven

The next few weeks following the attack, Reese barely spoke. Malfoy's words seemed to stick with her. Grace, Ashton, Aspen, and even the twins tried to reassure the girl she'd be fine.

Grace was beyond exhausted trying to help her friend. She got very little sleep at night just because she stayed up late in hopes to find something to help Reese. She checked several books out of the library and read all of them, but nothing helped. Nothing seemed to help Reese.

"Why do you two care about her so much?" Grace asked the twins one evening.

"Well, you see here, we're also friends with Reese." Stated George, which earned a glare from Grace.

"Yeah, and she's our pranking buddy!" Fred added.

Grace turned around to face the twins.

"I understand that! But until we assure Reese there's nothing to worry about, you'll have to prank alone! And I'm don't think you'll be getting Reese anytime soon. I hardly sleep anymore because I try to find something to help her. But nothing calms her down!

I've tried to prank her, joke with her, and if you haven't noticed, I rarely do any of those! She'd be fine if it wasn't for that stupid Malfoy kid who said all muggleborns would be next! Reese drives me insane sometimes, but this has been the worst week ever. All I want is my best friend back."

Before the twins could even reply, Grace marched  off—doing her best not to cry.

While sitting in the Great Hall doing her work, Grace was interrupted by her owl dropping a letter on top of her work.

Once Grace saw who the letter was from, she quickly packed up her things and left towards the Ravenclaw tower.

Finding no one in the dormitory, Grace sat on her bed and read the letter.

Grace,

              A strange question indeed, but before I answer it let me clear things up. After I received your letter I realized that it has been a long time since I've seen you! I've contacted your father and he said he'd love if I spent Christmas with you two. I'll be there to pick you up at the platform.

Now, back to your question. To create a spell it has nothing to do with the Ministry or the wand. It has to do with the person casting it. To create a spell, and cast it, they must have the will for it. If I created a spell I could easily have the will to cast it, but you have to put your heart in soul into making that spell work. It may sound easy, but it does take a lot of work! Hope this answers your question.

Love, Aunt Emily

"I do all of this though! I want these spells to work so badly! I pour my heart and soul into creating them, and nothing works!" Grace cried. She crumpled up the parchment and chucked it across the room.

"Are you okay?" Startled, Grace jumped, but fell right off the bed. Laughter filled the room.

Grace sat up to see Reese, who was leaning against the doorframe as laughter shook her body.

"Haha, very funny." Grace teased. She got up and sat on the edge of the bed.

Once Reese quit laughing, she walked over and sat next to Grace.

"Listen, I'm sorry." Grace raised an eyebrow at Reese.

"Sorry? For what?"

"For causing you so much stress."

"What do you—"

"I may or may not have been eavesdropping on you talking to the twins."

"Of course you were."

"I was nervous you were planning to pull a prank on me." Now it was Grace's turn to laugh.

"Me? Pull a prank on you?"

"Well, you tried to prank me all week, so I thought you were turning to the twins for help. I mean, they are good at pranking."

"Yes, I'm aware, and so is Aspen who has ink stains to prove she's aware."

"That was their idea, not mine."

"Whatever you say."

"But you're right, I was a little paranoid."

"A little is a understatement."

"You know, it's Malfoy's fault."

"That little git."

"Now, let's go watch Harry beat his butt at Quidditch." Reese jumped off the bed, shouting with glee. She then ran over to her bed and opened her trunk, taking out a Gryffindor scarf.

"Where did you get that?"

"I stole it from Ashton. Now let's go!" Reese grabbed Grace by the wrist and pulled her towards the Quidditch pitch.