Thirty-Nine

"This is enough food to feed all of Hogwarts." Grace remarked as her she began to eat the Christmas dinner.

"Ha, very funny." Ben retorted as he took a bite of the food.

"I know right? I am hilarious."

"You learn from the best."

"Emily?"

"Glad you understand–wait!" Grace laughed as Ben defended himself.

"I was just joking." Grace claimed.

"You better or else you don't get pumpkin pie."

• • •

"Here." Ben handed the gift to Grace.

"I already told you that you didn't have to get me anything."

"Rubbish." Grace smiled and turned to the gift. She peeled away the white wrapping paper and reveled a journal similar to her blue one. However, it happened to be a bronze color.

"You write in the other one so much I figured it might almost be full." Ben told her. Which happened to be true.

"Thank you."

"I also decided bronze. The other one is blue so why not get bronze."

"My house colors."

"Exactly."

Grace was far beyond grateful. She would finally have another journal to write down some other spells. She would try and keep this one more organized. She would just have to create a password to protect the journal.

The holiday break was over quicker than Grace would've liked. She loved being at home with her father, but she had to leave and return to Hogwarts.

"Considering I have to discuss jobs with Professor Flitwick, I really don't want to go back." Grace acknowledged as they got ready leave.

"It won't be that bad Grace. Besides, Professor Flitwick will help you with that."

"I sure hope so."

"Do you have any idea?"

"I'm torn between Healer and Auror."

"You'd be great at both. Auror would fill your wishes of working at the Ministry."

"Yes, I'm aware."

"You'll figure it out Grace, I know you will. Now, let's go or else we'll be late."

• • •

"All he does is cry!" Reese complained. Aspen and Ashton glanced at each other.

"Reese," Aspen began, "He's a baby."

"Doesn't mean he needs to keep me up all night long!"

"Oh boy." The compartment door slid open reveling the familiar Ravenclaw.

"Hello." Grace greeted as she took a seat next to Ashton.

"We thought you'd be with Lewis." Ashton said.

"If she was with Lewis we'd have to send Aspen to find Cedric." Reese joked.

"Oh please, I believe he has his eyes on Cho Chang." Silence greeted the four.

"He does?" Grace whispered.

"I'm pretty sure, but whatever. If he wants to get her I'll help him." Reese jumped up and faced Aspen.

"If he likes Cho Chang, you'll help him? Are you mad? Helping him is just feeding the fire. Ignore it, change the subject."

"What?" Aspen asked.

"If he ever mentions her, change the subject. Then the fire will have to feed itself."

"Reese, I'm not following."

"What I believe she's trying to say," Grace interjected. "Is if Cedric mentions Cho Chang, change the subject. If you help him get her, you might not have a chance with him."

"Ohhhh," Aspen cried. Then the realization hit her and her face fell. "Oh."

"Don't worry Asp, I'm sure he'll like you one day." Ashton reassured her. Aspen rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's talk about something else shall we?" No one spoke.

"Right, well if we are going to dwell on the fact Cedric may like someone else I'm going to leave now," Aspen got up. "Peace out losers."

"Finally." Reese muttered. She put her legs on the seat and leaned back.

"Are you going to sleep?" Ashton asked.

"Ashes, please be quiet I'm trying to sleep."

A/N
I apologize for such a short chapter. It's going to be a busy week for me, but I'll try and update.