Eighty-Five

Grace sat on a bench in St. Mungo's as she waited. She was going to make sure Mr. Weasley was doing well and would tell him the plan with her spell, but not until she went in. Now, she stared at the one spell that could prevent more deaths. The one spell that could've possibly prevented this.

"You alright?" Fred asked, sitting next to her. Grace looked up at him and frowned.

"Me? Freddie, you look awful," she stated. Fred chuckled.

"Thanks for that compliment."

"That's not what I meant." Grace sat up straighter and took his hand. "Fred, are you okay?"

The young man was silent for a moment. He didn't know if he wanted to answer. Then he looked up into her grey eyes. They were pleading and filled with worry. She wanted nothing more than Fred to let her be there for him.

"No, I'm not. I know my dads going to be fine, but I...." Fred sighed as he trailed off.

"Fred, you're right, he will be fine. Your father is a strong man and wouldn't give up so easily. I know you still worry about him, and that's good. It's a relief he's fine, but your worried it might happen again?"

"Yeah, even if not to him. What if it happens to someone else and we can't get to them in time?" Grace gave him a hopeful smile.

"We will. Trust me." Fred looked away from her. There was something he was keeping to himself, but she didn't pressure him. Grace squeezed his hand then kissed him. When they pulled apart, Grace opened her journals, but didn't take her hand away from Fred's. Since she was left handed she could still write.

As Grace worked, Fred watched her. She flipped to different pages and added things to different spells. She'd cross things out and even rip out an entire page. Eventually, Grace felt Fred's head lean on her shoulder. A small smile formed on her lips. Grace returned to her journals.

• • •

After about fifty minutes, Fred woke up. He didn't say anything. He wrapped his arm around Grace's shoulders as she read her book. Her journals were closed and were set next to her.

"Nice nap?" She asked.

"Yes, your shoulder makes a good pillow." Grace chuckled at the comment. Not long after, Emily walked over to retrieve Grace.

"I'll be right back," she told Fred. She took her journals and walked into the room where Mr. Weasley was staying.

"Arthur, how are you doing?" Emily asked when they got in there.

"I'm doing just fine! Molly is a little mad about the uh...muggle treatment." Emily shook her head and smiled.

"Told you it was a bad idea." Arthur looked over at Grace.

"Grace, how are you?"

"I'm fine Mr. Weasley. How are you doing?"

"Not bad."

Arthur and Emily talked for a few minutes. Eventually, Florence walked in. She smiled at the three and walked next to Grace. Florence glanced at Grace.

"Ready?" She asked. Grace just nodded.

"Mr. Weasley, we all know a war is going to come. We also know something bad could also happen to another member of the Order. I want to prevent it," Grace began.

"By using your spell?" Arthur guessed. Grace nodded slowly.

"Yes, by using my spell. Plus some others I'm still working on."

"That would be a great idea."

• • •

The woman walked into the room where Arthur Weasley was staying. At his bed was Emily Douglas, Grace Kellner, and Florence Anderson. She took a deep breath and walked towards the bed. Even though she had transfigured her hair blonde, her face was the same. Florence would easily be able to recognize her. She walked over to Arthur Weasley's bed side and began to mix a new potion. The woman has always excelled at Potions. This meant acting like she was making some sort of healing potion was no problem.

"Sorry, I'll just be a moment. Please, don't mind me!" The woman assured, her voice several pitches higher.

"I haven't seen you around." The woman knew the voice belonged to Florence. The woman froze for a moment, but continued to work.

"I'm new."

"New?"

"Yes."

"What's your name?"

"Aidan." The woman said quickly. She could feel Florence's eyes staring at her.

"I see." Florence whispered something to Grace. The woman, Aidan, didn't even hear her. Eventually, Aidan knew there was no hope. She poured the potion into a vial and left the room. Florence walked after her.

"Hey!" Florence called. Aidan didn't turn around. Florence glared and took out her wand.

"Stupefy!" She shouted. Aidan, as if expecting it, turned and deflected her spell.

"At ease, Florence," Aidan said. This time it was her normal voice.

"Naomi," Florence faltered. A cruel smile formed on the woman's face. She waved her wand and her blonde hair went back to its original black. Florence was too stunned at first.

"Sorry we couldn't catch up, but I have to go." Then she was gone. Florence blinked a couple of times. Tears formed in her eyes.

"No, she was right there. NO!" Florence became furious. She grabbed the nearest thing and chucked it at the wall. It shattered and fell to the floor. A Healer sighed.

"Again, really?" Florence didn't stop to fix it. Hot tears fell out of her eyes, she turned and ran. She ran right out the exit and didn't stop.

Her limits were being for the second time.