Seventy

As the time passed Grace was enjoying her time with the Order. She had all summer to plan things with Fred and George. She did miss her father and Emily, but spending time with her friends made up for it. At one point she received a letter from Reese saying she was admitted to the hospital.

Dear Grace,
      Don't worry, but I'm in the hospital. I'll be fine I just couldn't resist the peanut butter cups. I see now it wasn't the best idea. Especially since they were very good. At lest until I couldn't breath.

                                                                   From, Reese

Grace laughed at the letter as she knew Reese was fine. She knew it would happen one day as Reese always longed to try peanut butter again.

Fred and Grace never told anyone they were together, but they all knew. The way they treated each other and looked at one another was enough evidence for everyone.

Harry would be arriving that night which gave Grace enough time to disappear without anyone noticing. She grabbed a bag and stuffed it with food while no one was in the kitchen. She grabbed her journals and locked herself in the bathroom.

Grace's finding charm would not do what she needed. So, Grace managed to overhear some information of where Emily could possibly be. She knew search parties would start shortly after Harry got to the Order safely. Grace used this information and apparated to the area Emily was believed to be. Grace just hoped Emily was okay.

• • •

"Has anyone seen Grace?" Florence asked, entering the kitchen.

"Have you checked upstairs?" Sirius asked.

"More than once." Florence stated. Fred and George entered the kitchen.

"Have any of you lot seen Grace?" George asked.

"She's not with you?" Molly asked.

"She said she was going to the bathroom, but that was almost an hour ago." Fred stated. Florence went to every bathroom until she found the locked one. She pounded on the door.

"Grace?" There was no response. "Grace, are you alright?" Florence took of her wand and unlocked the door. She ran in to find the bathroom empty.

"Oh Merlin." Florence breathed.

• • •

Grace ran after the scarf. She jumped over some logs and ducked under branches. Her wand top was lit as she followed the scarf.

"This has to be the stupidest idea I've ever had." Grace mumbled.

Grace had been gone for almost an hour. She was sure someone had realized she missing. Her hope was fading.

"Emily!" Grace shouted. She got no reply. Grace knew what she was doing wasn't smart. It was something she saw in movies and wasn't something an eighteen year old girl should actually be doing.

After awhile the scarf finally stopped. It fell to the ground and lay there. Grace picked up the scarf and did her best not to scream. Emily wasn't there. Grace opened her mouth to shout the woman's name.

"Stupefy!" Grace felt her body freeze. Then the forest disappeared around her.

"Grace, oh Merlin, are you alright?" Grace groaned and rolled on to her stomach. She got up to her knees and still found herself in the forest. She turned around and had to make sure she want dreaming.

"Emily?" Grace breathed. Emily smiled and wrapped Grace in a hug.

"It's so good to see you." Emily cried.

Emily's face was pale while a large gash was across her cheek. Her hair seemed more grey than last time Grace saw her. It seemed to finally hit Emily of what was happening.

"Wait a minute, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DOES YOUR FATHER KNOW YOU'RE OUT HERE? No of course he wouldn't, why would you tell him that? GRACE ELIZABETH KELLNER DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THIS IS? I THOUGHT YOU WERE A DEATH EATER? YOUR FATHER WAS SUPPOSED TO TELL YOU I WASN'T GOING TO MAKE IT! THIS IS NOT SOME STORY BOOK GRACE! YOU'RE A TINY HOGWARTS STUDENT WHO HAS NO BUSINESS TRYING TO BE THE HERO!"

"YOU TOLD MY FATHER TO LIE! I thought you were sick and dying! I thought I would be reliving my mothers death all over again! You escaped the Death Eaters yet you still decided to hide!" Grace screamed back.

"DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT! You could've gotten killed!"

"Well, you know what? Maybe that would be the consequence considering my very own spell saved Cedric Diggory! That's how I found you! I have my very own spells. I can take care of myself!"

Emily put her hands on Grace's cheeks. Tears fell down both women's faces.

"Grace, I don't care if you're becoming an Auror. I don't care how smart you are. I don't care how old you are. If you died because you were coming after me your father would kill me. Your mother would come back just to kill me. You're their little girl! You must understand Grace you are not an Auror. You are not some heroic book character. You are a child still. I didn't come back because I was being followed. That is why I stunned you. It is not safe for you. It may not be safe for me to come back yet."

"You must!"

"Grace! I know stuff Voldemort would die to know." Grace flinched at his name. "Coming back may be a death sentence for more than just me. I promise I'll come back when I can."

"You can't leave again!" Grace cried as tears poured down her face.

"Go back, now!"

"No."

"Grace!"

"You can't tell me what to do!" Grace broke free from her aunt. She stood up and faced her.

"Grace, this is not some test for you! It is not a story book! This is real life where you could die! Quit acting like a stubborn five year old and leave!"

"Fine, I will. I'm trying to help you Emily because you're my family and I love you. If you don't want that help then fine." Grace turned and disapparated from the spot.

A/N
I know there will be people who hate this chapter because it's "unrealistic." But really Grace just wanted to find her family member. So to those who think it was not a good idea, don't tell me.