Forty-One

Lewis watched as Grace ran out with the other girl. He sighed and set the butterbeer down. Grace's was still full as it sat across from him.

"Well, can't let this go to waste." Lewis looked back as Harley took a seat in front of him. Her dirty blonde hair fell down only inches from her waist. No curl or wave in it.

"Harley, what are you doing?" Lewis asked. Harley set the butterbeer down. Her green eyes analyzed him.

"What does that girl see you in you?"

"Excuse me?"

"I bet it's your ocean eyes that make her love struck. You stupid git."

"Leave me alone." He demanded.

"Oh please, I just wanted to let you know something."

"What?"

"Grace, you like her?"

"Yeah."

"Some might say you love her." Lewis just stared at Harley as she took another sip of the butterbeer.

"Yeah, that's what I thought," Harley said after Lewis gave no reply. "If you really want to keep her you have to put her needs before yours. Grace always seems to put other people's happiness before hers. So, next time she really wants to do something, let her. I don't care if you don't like her friends, deal with it."

"Since when have you liked Grace?" Harley laughed.

"Oh please, I'm far from liking her. I'm just trying to help you!" Without another word she got up and walked out the door.

Lewis just sat there, dumbfounded by Harley's words.
• • •

"Well, that was fun." Grace said.

"Even though we're practically soaked." Aspen noted as she walked ahead of Grace.

"Not a big deal!" Reese cried as she ran up to Aspen.

"Those gloves, those are the one Fred gave you." George mentioned. Leslie glanced at the gloves.

"Yeah, I couldn't find mine." Grace told him.

"Do you ever know where yours are?" Fred teased.

"No, not really."

"Grace, are you alright?" Leslie asked. She noticed Grace kept looking behind her.

"I just don't want Lewis to see me." Ashton sighed ahead of them.

"Grace," Reese started. "Just dump the git already."

"Why would I do that?"

"He's a jerk!" Ashton shouted. Grace frowned.

"I haven't known you long Grace, but you don't need to put his happiness before yours." Leslie told her.

"I just didn't want him to be mad." Grace said.

"See, right there? You wanted him to be happy not thinking about yourself." Leslie said. Grace pressed her lips together.

"I'm going to go." She whispered as they got to Hogwarts. She then ran away from all of them.

"Don't worry," Fred said putting his hand on Leslie's shoulder. "You just told her the truth."

"Maybe now she'll realize she's too good for him." Reese acknowledged.

"Where do you think she went?" Aspen asked.

"I think I know." Ashton said and walked away.

Even though Ashton would love to return to the Gryffindor common and room and sit by the fire, he wanted to find Grace. Aspen, Reese, and him were all too scared to talk to Grace about Lewis. Now, they thought she may just be able to break up with him.

Ashton passed another student as he walked up to the Owlery. A Hufflepuff in the same year. Julia, he believed her name was. Once he reached the top he found Grace feeding Desiree.

"Grace?" He called out. Grace turned towards him. Tears didn't fall down her face. She just seemed lost in thought.

"Ashton." Grace mumbled and walked up to him.

"Grace, I thought I'd find you here." Grace gave a small smile.

"Grace, you know Leslie didn't mean what she said in a bad way."

"I know, I just don't know what to think about right now. I mean, you are all saying I should just dump Lewis, but I don't want to! I really do like him."

"Even more than like?" Ashton asked. He watched as her face became red.

"Well, yeah, but that's not the point! I'm not putting his happiness before mine! I had lots of fun with him today, but if everyone says he's a jerk, should I just not be with him?"

"Grace, you're a smart girl, but you're letting everyone's opinions cloud your own! If you dump him you'd be putting your happiness way behind you. Don't do that to yourself. If you really do love him, stay with him."

"You're right Ashton. Thank you."

Even though Ashton disliked Lewis, he wasn't going to watch Grace break her own heart.