Forty-Eight

"You know, this would be cutting summer with my daughter short."

"Ben, let her go."

"Do you want to go?" Grace nodded.

"You don't even like Quidditch!" Ben cried.

"It's the World Cup!" Grace remarked.

"Ben, I only got two tickets. If you want to take her, you can."

"I'm fine without going."

"Then will you let me go? Please father! It will be so much fun!" Ben hesitated before he replied.

Grace looked at her father with pleading eyes. The way her grey eyes looked up at him and how her honey locks fell down her back. It reminded him so much of Anna, he couldn't say no.

"Alright, you can go." Grace jumped up, a huge smile on her face.

"Thank you!" Grace cried. She wrapped her arms around Ben. The man hugged back.

"I'll write to Arthur, could I borrow Desiree?" Emily asked.

"Of course, she's in my room."

A week later Grace was on her way to the Quidditch World Cup.

• • •

Emily and Grace met up with everyone at the Portkey. Grace readjusted the bulky backpack as she spotted the people ahead of her.

Cedric and his father along with Harry, Hermione, and a few of the Weasley's.

"Ah, Emily! There you are! We have about five minutes." Arthur greeted. Grace walked towards the twins.

"You got the toffees?" She asked.

"Mum took them." Fred answered.

"But don't worry, we'll have plenty of time at Hogwarts to discuss the plan for Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes!" George informed her. Grace raised an eyebrow.

"When did we decided on that name."

"Sorry love, but George and I decided on that name."

"Besides, you'll be training to become an Auror, so you won't be there all the time."

"Fair enough," Grace agreed. "Just know, I can use my wand out of school." A devilish smile appeared on her face. Fred and George quickly changed the subject.

"How are those books of yours going?" George asked.

"Swell, thanks for asking."

"Alright, it's almost time, we'd better get ready." Arthur's voice called out.

The eleven crowed around the boot Amos Diggory held out. They each put a finger on the boot.

"Three.....two.....one." Grace felt herself jerk forward as her feet lifted off the ground. Her finger stuck to the boot as there was a swirl of color and howling wind.

Grace's feet slammed on to the ground. She fell over and landed on the twins. Emily, Arthur, Amos, and Cedric were the only ones standing.

Grace scrambled off the twins and stood up. Grace listened to the conversation as a man named Basil told them where their campsites were. Emily and Grace were next to the Weasley's, so they followed them towards the campsites.

Hundreds and hundreds of tents were set up. After Arthur checked with the man, Mr. Roberts, Emily checked in with him. Harry had to help Emily with the muggle money as well. No one would've been able to tell some of the tents belonged to wizards, but the inside gave it away.

The three bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, and mismatched chairs were not to be found in a regular muggle tent. Inside the tent, Grace used her magic with no worry. Outside she had to be a lot more careful.

Fred, George, and Grace talked about spells of Grace's and discussed business plans. Fred and George filled Grace in on their ideas.

Emily and Grace had bought several items each to cheer on the Irish. The game being a lot more intense than Grace had thought.The Irish quickly proved themselves as worthy opponents, but the Bulgarians obviously wanted the win. Viktor Krum got hit in the face with a bludger, but it didn't stop him for going for the win.In the end, Krum caught the Snitch, but it wasn't enough to beat the Irish. Some Bulgarian that Grace didn't know, but someone she made a bet with, slid her five Galleons. The night was spent celebrating at the Irish capturing a win instead of the Snitch. Eventually, the kids were forced to head to bed. Grace fell asleep five Galleons richer than she was hours ago. She was woken up by her aunt.

"Grace, get up! Now! This is an emergency!" Emily cried. Still half asleep, Grace rolled over and opened her eyes.

"Huh?"

Grace could no longer hear the singing. She heard the screams and people running.

"Just get up and grab a coat!" Grace, hearing the urgency in her aunts voice, did as she was told. When she left the tent she saw people fleeing into the woods. The Weasley's were leaving as well. Grace walked over with them. She spotted what Harry was looking at and had to do her best not to scream.

A crowd of wizards in masks held their wands high as four figures struggled above them. They were being contorted into grotesque shapes. Two being children.

"That's sick," Ron muttered. "That is really sick."

"We're going to help the Ministry, you lot — get into the woods and stick together!" But Grace didn't listen.

When the others believed she was following them she did the stupidest thing anyone could ever do. She ran towards the chaos to help.