Eighteen

After a rather boring day of classes, Grace made her way to the library. Will was sitting in the same place as yesterday, his books sprawled out before him.

"Hello, Grace." He greeted.

"Hello, William." Grace said, sitting across from him. "What would you like to work on today?"

"I was hoping we could do Charms and Transfiguration."

"Of course we can! You know, Charms is my favorite class."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Mine too!"

"What are you guys working on in Charms?"

"The Mending Charm. It seems easy, but it's the only charm I have trouble with."

"We all struggle with certain things, and there is nothing wrong with that."

"Yeah, but I break things a lot." Will dug in his bag and pulled out a pair of glasses, which were snapped in half.

"Are those yours?"

"Yeah, I wanted to try and fix them, but I couldn't get it."

"Try again."

"If you say so." Will took out his wand and pointed it at the glasses. "Reparo."

"I know your problem".

"You do?"

"You're saying it wrong. You're saying reh-pair-oh. It's reh-pah-roh."

"Oh, well I couldn't say the real word, so I made my own version." Grace smiled.

"That doesn't always work."

"So how do you say it?"

"Here repeat after me, reh."

"Reh."

"Pah."

"Pah."

"Roh."

"Roh."

"Reparo."

"Reparo!"

"Almost! Here, I'll fix your glasses so you can work on transfiguration and you can practice charms tonight."

"Okay." Grace took out her wand and pointed it at the boys glasses.

"Reparo!" The glasses fit back together.

"Cool, thanks!" He picked up his glasses and put them on his face.

As Will worked on transfiguration, Grace worked on her own work. By the time she finished with Potions and Charms, Will was finishing transfiguration.

"Okay, thanks Grace, bye!" He put his books away and ran out of the library. Grace smiled. She put her own books away and walked out of the library. The only book she kept out was her journal.

"I can do that spell, but what about other spells." She muttered to herself.

"I got it!" Someone shouted. Grace looked up as someone collided into her, sending both of them to the ground. Her journal went flying and landed face up, leaving her secrets open to everyone.

The person quickly got off her and began apologizing. Grace crawled over and slammed her journal shut. She held it close to her chest as she turned to face the boy. He stopped talking and looked at Grace for a moment.

From the colors of his robes, Grace could quickly tell he was a Slytherin. He had ocean colored eyes with dark brown hair. The boy stood up and offered his hand out to Grace. She took it and he hoisted her up.

"Sorry, we shouldn't have been playing frisbee in the corridor." He apologized.

"It's fine, I should've been looking where I was going."

"Grace!" Someone called. Grace turned to see Ashton waving at her.

"I better go, I'll see you around, hopefully." He smiled at her.

"Yeah, I'll make sure I see you soon." Grace smiled and ran after Ashton.

"Who was that?" Ashton asked.

"Just someone who ran into me. No worries." Ashton scoffed.

"No worries? If I didn't know better I'd think you had a crush."

"Well then you must be stupid because I do not have a crush."

"Ohhh, just wait till I tell Aspen!"

"There's nothing to tell her! I talked to him for five seconds so quit acting like I could already have a crush on him!" Grace shouted at the boy.

"You've been hanging out with a lot of boys, haven't you?"

"Excuse me!"

"Think about it! There's Fred and George, that William kid, and now that other boy."

"You're unbelievable." Grace stated as she walked away from Ashton.