Twelve

After twenty minutes of a snowball war, the three retreated inside. Unlike the twins, who both had gloves, Grace's hands were numb and very red.

"Look at you three! You're soaked." Molly Weasley cried when they entered.

"Well, we did have a snowball fight." George said.

"I can't feel my hands." Grace remarked.

"I'll make some tea, and Fred–get the poor girl some gloves to warm her hands!"

Grace followed the two up to their room, where Fred gave Grace a pair of extra gloves.

"They might be a little big, but they'll keep your hands warm." He told her.

"Thank you." She said.

"Here comes the snow." George chimed from the window. Fred and Grace walked over. Sure enough, snow was beginning to fall. A smile formed on Grace's face.

"I love December." She whispered.

"Sorry, but you can't get married to a month." George teased her. Grace shot him a glare.

"How do you love it so much? It can be so cold." Fred complained.

"December was the last month I spent with my mum. She died January 18th. It was her favorite month too." Grace smiled as she thought of one of her last moments with her mother.

"Don't you just love the month December, Grace?" Anna asked her seven year old daughter. It was early in the morning and the sun was just rising. Anna and Grace sat outside on the porch as the snow fell.

"It's not awful, but it's kind of cold." Grace said, wrapping her blanket tighter around her small body.

Anna smiled and pulled Grace onto her lap. She wrapped her arms around the small child and rocked in the chair.

"Yes, it is cold, but it's also beautiful!" Grace yawned and rested her head on her mothers shoulder.

"I'm tired."

"Then you shouldn't have gotten up so early." Anna smiled at Grace.

"I know."

"Go back to sleep if you'd like to. I'll bring you to bed." Grace snuggled up closer to her mum and closed her eyes. Anna rocked in the chair until she knew Grace was asleep.

Anna stood up and brought the girl into the house. She carried her up the stairs and laid Grace in her bed. Anna tucked Grace in and kissed her daughters forehead.

"I'll see you in a couple hours probably." Anna whispered. Quietly, Anna left the room.

"The tea is ready dears!" Molly's voice rung out from the bottom the stairs. Grace wiped away the tear that left her eyes and followed the twins down the stairs.

Once the three had their tea, they returned upstairs to get away from all the adults. Fred and George sat on Fred's bed while Grace sat on George's.

"You know, I meant to tell you this weeks ago, but I was going to compliment you on your Quidditch skills." Grace said. "I mean, you did great trying to keep that Bludger away from Harry."

"We would've done better—" George started.

"—if someone didn't tamper with it." Fred finished.

"Did you ever find out who?"

"We think it's Draco Malfoy." Inquired George. Grace rolled her eyes.

"That kid drives me insane. It was his fault Reese went all paranoia."

"Typical Slytherins." The twins said together.

"Not all of them are bad!"

"Most of them."

"Do you two always talk at the same time?"

"Most of the time."

"Good to know. I wonder how Reese deals with you two."

"We wonder how she deals with you." Grace looked at the two, her eyebrows raised.

"Excuse me!"

"It was a joke." Fred said quickly. Grace sighed.

"Sorry."

"No need to apologize." George remarked.

"Grace, it's time for us to leave." Emily appeared in the doorway with a smile on her face.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute." Emily nodded and walked away. Grace slung her bag over her shoulder and stood up.

"Nice to see you guys."

"Pleasure is all ours."

"I'll see you at school in couple weeks. Have a Happy Christmas!"

"Bye Grace!"

"See ya'!" Grace took her empty cup of tea and brought it downstairs. She put her cup in the sink and bid goodbye to Arthur and Molly. "Thank you for the tea Mrs. Weasley, it was great."

"Anytime dear."

Grace walked outside with her aunt and dad.

"Ready to go?" Ben asked. Grace nodded.

"Ready."

Once home Grace went up to her room and tossed her bag on her bed. She took of the gloves Fred gave her and set them on the desk.

"Oh, forgot to give those back." Grace muttered. "I'll give them back after break."