Seventeen

Once Emily and Grace left, the Kellner household became quiet. For most of the day, no one occupied it. Ben would come home from work, and sometimes a letter from Grace would be on the table. The man was quite surprised when he found it was from Professor  McGonagall.

     Ben Kellner, I never thought you'd be receiving this sort of letter! But before I even get started, what made you think it was a good idea to give your daughter a dungbomb? Trying to cause trouble even out of school, I see!

I was quite surprised when I found your daughter helping the Weasley twins with a prank. I was sure she was forced to do it! But when she confessed to being the one doing the whole thing, well I think you can imagine my shock. I guess even someone so much like their mother can't escape some of your mischievous genes. Because of this, Grace will be serving detention with me.

Sincerely,
Professor McGonagall

• • •

"Gracie Wacey is on her way to detention. Poor little Gracie Wacey."

"Shut up, Peeves!" Grace snapped at the poltergeist.

"Ohh, you have quite the attitude."

"Can't you go bother someone else?"

"I could, but I enjoy bothering you!"

"Enough Peeves!" Professor McGonagall stood outside her class. Peeves groaned and floated away.

"Hello, Professor."

"This may come to a shock to you, but I think you might enjoy your detention."

"Oh, what will I be doing?"

"Helping first year William Johnson with some of his classes. His mother requested someone helped him, I thought you'd be a good choice. Now come, he's in the library."

• • •

The young Gryffindor was sitting in the library, books in front of him. He looked very confused. Grace took a seat across from him.

"Hello." She greeted. The boy looked
up her. He had dark brown eyes and light brown hair. He looked at Grace with curiosity.

"Hi." He said back.

"I'm Grace."

"I'm William, but you can call me Will."

"Well, Will, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"I know."

"What do you need help with?"

"A lot."

"Alright, well what would you like to start with?"

"Potions because Professor Snape scares me."

"What are you doing in potions."

"We have to right an paper on the Herb-herb.... H-E-R-B-I-C-I-D-E, I can't say it right."

"The Herbicide Potion?"

"Yeah! We're supposed to write how each step is important to the potion and the effects if we missed a step, but I didn't get the potion right so I don't know what I'm doing."

"That's a lot of pressure for a first year, but it will go by quick. When the potion is finished it looks like–" Grace went on for the whole detention period explains the effects to William, who seemed very overwhelmed by all the information he was getting.

"Will you help me again tomorrow?" The little boy asked Grace as he packed up.

"Of course I will."

"What?"

"What?"

"You said my name."

"Oh, no! I meant the other will."

"Where's the other will?"

"Don't worry about it! Meet me here after your classes, okay?"

"Okay, bye!" Will slung his bag over his shoulder and ran out of the library.

"Interesting boy." Grace murmured. She then walked back to see Professor McGonagall.

"May I help you Miss Kellner?"

"Is that all I had to do for detention, Professor?"

"Yes, it is."

"Oh, well that wasn't bad."

"William just came in here and said how helpful you were. Thank you, Miss Kellner. You really are like your mother."

• • •

"How was your detention?" George asked the following morning.

"Great actually! I just had to held first year with his work. Helping him again tonight."

"What? Who was the first year?" Fred cried.

"William Johnson. He's a Gryffindor as well."

"We've seen him before! Haven't we, Fred?"

"Indeed we have, George."

"Well, I thought he was a very bright kid."

"He's a genius when it comes to messing with people." Fred stated.

"What do you mean?" Grace asked.

"He told us he goes by Will because people will say things like Will, will you please stop. And then he can say stuff like, nope I'm just Will not Will Will."

"What?"

"Don't worry, you'll understand when you're older." George explained, patting Grace on the head.

"Just because I'm tiny doesn't mean I'm young, besides I bet I'm older than you two."

"Really?" The both argued.

"Unless you turned fifteen before July fifteenth, then I'm older." The twins didn't reply. "That's what I thought."

"But can you even reach the second shelf in the library?" Fred teased. Grace scoffed.

"Do you even know what the library looks like? I have to go to potions, but I'll see you two later."