Forty

"Where are my gloves!" Grace cried as she searched for the Ravenclaw gloves.

"These will have to do." Grace pulled out the gloves Fred gave her and slipped them on. She then sprinted down the stairs and ran to meet Lewis on their way to Hogsmeade.

"Slow down there track star." Lewis teased. Grace put her hands on her knees as she caught her breath.

"I didn't.....want.....to be....late."

"You're.....fine.....don't....worry." Lewis mocked. Grace let out a laugh as she caught her breath.

"Alright, I'm ready." Grace said once she fully caught her breath.

"Good, let's get going." Lewis linked his hand with Grace's as they began their trek to Hogsmeade.

"Who's gloves are these?" Lewis held up their hands as he observed the Gryffindor gloves.

"Mine." Grace said.

"Grace, you aren't a Gryffindor."

"Right, but a Gryffindor gave them to me when I had none. Technically they're my gloves."

"Who gave you the gloves? Let me guess, one of the Weasley twins?" Grace noticed how Lewis added a more hostile tone as he said their name.

"It's fine Lewis. They were just being generous so my hands didn't freeze." Grace broke her hand away and placed it on his cheek. "I'm sure if you had a snowball fight without gloves you'd be grateful to receive them."

"No, because I would be smart enough to remember gloves."

"Smarter than you." Grace cried as she began to walk away from Lewis.

"Wait for me!" He shouted and ran after Grace.

Within a couple hours the couple had stopped at several shops. Grace had loaded up on candy. They considered going back early when Reese, Aspen, Ashton, Fred, and George approached the two.

"Well, hello there." Fred teased as he tossed a snowball in the air.

"Put the snowball down." Grace instructed.

"If you say so." Fred tossed the snowball at Grace. She pulled out her wand cast the spell to deflect the snowball. It simply just fell to the ground.

"Clever." Said Fred. Grace gave a bow.

"Thank you."

"Right," Reese started. "We would like to ask if you would want to participate in our snowball fight?"

Grace had a huge smile on her face, obviously very eager to join. Lewis, however, had an annoyed look on his face. He quickly wiped the look off his face when Grace looked up at him with pleading eyes.

"Actually, I was thinking we could go get a butterbeer." Lewis told her.

"Oh come on, just play one round." Grace pleaded

"Grace, I was really hoping this day could just be us." Grace's smile fell to a frown. The pleading look from her face disappeared.

"Right," she said while avoiding eye contact with Lewis. Grace turned to her friends. "Maybe another time guys." With her eyes focused on the ground and took Lewis' hand and mumbled a 'let's go.'

Reese watched as Grace walked away with Lewis. Her hatred for the boy was creeping it's way in. Reese was sure it was his ocean eyes that made Grace melt.

"How about we shove his head head in the snow and leave it there for a few hours." Aspen suggested aloud.

"While I love that, I have a better idea." Reese said.

Grace sat across from Lewis as their butterbeers arrived.

"I meant to ask you," Lewis began. "How was your Christmas?"

"Well, it was just my dad and me this year, but it was a lot of fun. Even though he made enough food for everyone in Hogwarts." Lewis chuckled. "How was yours?" Grace asked.

"Honesty, sort of boring."

"Why is that?"

"To start it off, my parents were both caught up–"

"Grace!" Someone shouted. Lewis and Grace turned their heads as Leslie ran up to them. A beanie on her head. Her hair bounced behind her as she ran towards their table.

"Leslie, is everything alright?" Grace asked.

"There's an emergency at Hogwarts, you have to come back immediately." Grace quickly became alerted.

"Is anyone hurt?" Grace asked as she got up.

"No time to explain!" Grace turned to Lewis.

"Lewis, I'm so sorry, but I have to go!" Grace didn't stay long as she ran out with Leslie.

"Leslie, where are we going? We have to go that way!" Grace shouted, but Leslie didn't listen. Grace stopped as they neared the Shrieking Shack. Near it she found her friends waiting for her.

"Glad you could make it." Ashton called.

"Leslie, you said there was–Grace stopped talking as she saw Leslie laying on the ground laughing.

"Reese told me what happened. You really think we'd let that git ruin all the fun?" She asked.

"Grace, lighten up. We just want you to have fun." Reese told her.

"Alright, one round. Then I have to go to Hogwarts before Lewis does." Grace said.

"Every man for themselves!" Reese shouted. Then the fight began.