Eighty-Four

Catalina stood at the train station as she waited for Leslie to arrive. Catalina took in a shaky breath as she stood there. Needless to say, the past couple months being extremely hard on her. She wanted nothing more than Florence to appear at the doorstep and forgive Catalina. It was a long shot of course. Yet it was the only glimmer of hope that Catalina had. The two had been best friends since the Sorting. Surely Florence had to believe Catalina didn't want to tell Voldemort.

"Mum!" Catalina left her thoughts and found her daughter. The woman smiled and gave Leslie a hug when she approached.

"Leslie, how's the year going so far?" Catalina asked as she stepped away. Leslie sighed.

"I mean, it's great, but our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher makes me want to rip off my ears." Leslie confessed. Catalina raised her eyebrows.

"That bad, huh?" Leslie nodded.

"That bad."

"Well, let's get home."

"Hold on! I have to go ask Julia something. I'll be right back." Leslie ran off to find the blonde. Catalina ran her hand through her hair. The woman completely distraught of everything that's been happening.

"To heal a wound you need to quit touching it!" Catalina's mother would always tell her.

"I'm trying mum." Catalina mumbled. Catalina smiled again as Leslie walked back over. Sometimes Catalina just wanted to break down and cry. Yet she knew she couldn't. She had other things to take care of, and that was her daughter.

"I'm ready." Leslie said.

"Alright, let's go. We have a Christmas tree to decorate."

• • •

Grace gave a small scream as the pink powder exploded on her.

"That didn't work." She stated.

"Why is this so hard?" George wondered.

"I don't know! My dad said the directions would be easy. This isn't easy!" She cried. Fred sighed as green power exploded on him.

"Let's just finish this later. We have a mess to clean up." He stated.

The three decided to try making the party packets themselves. Their first attempt wasn't going very well. They all took out their wands and cleaned up the mess. Grace took off the safety goggles and set them down.

"I better get going. I'll see you lot at St. Mungo's tomorrow." She said with a smile.

"You're going tomorrow?" George asked. Grace nodded.

"I am, Emily wants to see your father." She informed. Grace gave the twins a hug.

"Tell your dad we say hi." Fred called as she walked out the door.

"I will!" Grace got her trunk packed before heading downstairs.

"You'll be alright?" Florence asked when Grace was about to leave. Grace nodded.

"I will."

"Alright, we'll see you later." Grace told everyone else goodbye before apparating home. Ben jumped when the girl appeared in the family room.

"I'm home!" Grace announced. Ben got up and wrapped Grace in his arms.

"Grace, I'm so glad to see you." He said.

"I'm so happy to be home." She said back.

"How's the year going?" Ben asked, breaking the hug.

"It's been great, except for Professor Umbridge." Grace said, rolling her eyes. Ben chuckled.

"Yes, you've told me about her. She wasn't any better at the Ministry either."

"So she isn't just a demon at Hogwarts? She's always been like that?" Ben didn't say anything, just gave a smile, which was a clear answer.

"Come on, let's get dinner started."

• • •

The woman closed the door behind her. She took off her traveling cloak and tossed it on a chair. She walked into the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. Her black, wavy hair fell just below her shoulders. Freckles were dotted across her nose and cheeks. She stared at her reflection with her intense green eyes. There was a knock door. The woman cursed under her breath and walked to the door.

"What?" She snapped to the man.

"Watch your tone, Naomi." The man told her.

"Don't tell me what to do, Severus. You don't control me." Naomi said, walking away from the door. Snape entered the home and closed the door.

"You seem to be in a mood today." He stated.

"Congratulations, you're observant of the complete obvious!" Naomi cried. With a wave of her wand, a two glasses and a pitcher of water came towards her. She handed a glass to Snape and gestured him to sit on the sofa.

"Water, I thought you'd be drinking wine." He sneered.

"I've been trying to cut back on my.....problem." She said, sitting across from him. "Now, what do you want?"

"I come with a message."

"A message?"

"From the Dark Lord." Naomi froze, the glass touched her lips. She took a small sip of the water then set the glass down.

"What does he ask of me?" She asked, her voice a pitch higher.

"He wants you to get the journals." Naomi stared at Snape and didn't say anything for a long time.

"He wants me to get them?"

"Yes."

"But Severus, how am I—"

"That is up to you to figure out. Good luck." With that, Snape set the glass down and stood up to leave. He stopped at the door and turned back to the stunned woman. "And he wants them in exactly six weeks." Snape opened the door and left. Naomi sat there, unsure of what to do. For the first time in years, Naomi was terrified. She could hear her fathers voice in her mind,

"You can do anything you want in life, but just know the consequences will be right behind you."