Fifty-Two

"Is that what I think it is?" Grace asked. Fred turned towards her.

"Depends, what do you think it is?" He asked.

"An Aging Potion." Grace said as she walked towards the Goblet.

"What are you doing?" George asked. Everyone in the room watched as Grace walked over the Age Line.

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"Bloody hell, how'd she get over?" Ron cried.

"Ron, I'm seventeen already." Grace slipped the piece of parchment in the Goblet. Reese gave Grace a high five when she walked back. Next was Ashton and Aspen. Grace had entered her name in the Goblet.

"You three really think it's going to work?" Grace asked Lee Jordan and the twins.

"Of course." They all said. Fred took a piece of parchment out of his pocket and walked up to the edge of the line. Everyone watched him as he took a breath and stepped over the line.

Grace's eyes widened. For a second she thought it worked. George definitely did, for he jumped after Fred, but in the next moment there was a loud sizzle. Both twins were hurled out of the circle. They landed ten feet away with a loud popping noise, and both and grown identically long white beards.

The entrance hall went from quiet to everyone howling with laughter. Grace fell on the floor from laughing so hard.

"I did warn you." Said an amused Professor Dumbledore. Lee Jordan and Grace both laughed as they followed the twins to the Hospital Wing.

"Told you it wouldn't work." Grace cried as she wiped away tears. Lee was still howling with laughter. Fred bent down to Grace's level to whisper something.

"You wouldn't happen to have a spell that could get our names in the goblet." Grace shook her head and laughed again.

"I should make one though just so I could see that happen." Grace couldn't contain her laughter. She grabbed Fred's arm and leaned against him as she laughed.

"Grace." With a smile still spread on her lips, she turned and spotted Lewis.

"I better go. Don't grow too old without me." Grace teased as she walked to meet the Slytherin.

Lewis watched as Grace walked over. His ocean blue eyes filled with hatred towards the twins. All because he felt Grace had a better relationship with them. Lewis knew something was wrong. Butterflies no longer filled his stomach. Her smile didn't bring him warmth. Lewis noticed whenever Grace was with the twins she was always smiling. As if standing next to them was enough to make her laugh. He hated it.

"Lewis, are you alright?" He looked down. Her grey eyes were filled with worry.

"I'm fine." He said coldly.

"Are you sure? Something seems wrong."

"I promise everything is fine."

"You would tell me if it wasn't, right?"

"Of course. I just wanted to say hello, I'll see you later?"

"Of course." Lewis planted a kiss on Grace's lips, which caused her to smile.

"I'll see you." Grace said and walked away.

That night Reese sat next to Grace as they waited for the results. Grace was so nervous she couldn't eat.

"Eat or you'll starve."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Too nervous—I'll probably throw up if I eat."

"Then don't eat."

After the Feast silence fell upon the Great Hall as they waited for the Goblet. After what seemed like hours the flames turned red and sparks flew. A piece of parchment shot out. Dumbledore reached up and grabbed it.

"The champion for Durmstrang will be Viktor Krum." Grace's eyes never left the Goblet. The second piece of parchment flew out.

"The champion for Beauxbatons will be Fleur Delacour."

"You're fine." Reese reassured Grace as the flames turned red again. With fingers crossed she watched as Dumbledore picked up the piece of paper.

Cedric Diggory

The Hufflepuff table had gone wild. Aspen, who was sitting next to Cedric, couldn't contain her excitement. Then she met Grace's eyes. Grace politely clapped for Cedric, but she was obviously disappointed.

"Well, thats alright." Grace said after Cedric left.

"You alright then?" Reese asked.

"Disappointed, but I'll be fine."

The flames turned red again. Grace couldn't believe what she was seeing. Sparks shot out along with another piece of parchment.

Harry Potter

Disappointment turned into anger. How did he, a boy who wasn't even seventeen, manage to get his name in the Goblet?