Twenty-Eight

Grace awoke from light shining in her room. She groaned and closed the curtains, then collapsed back on her bed. She curled under her covers and pulled a pillow over her head.

"She's sure sleeping late." Grace took the pillow off her head and sat up.

"Yeah, I think it's hormones." Ben replied.

"You can't blame everything your daughter does on hormones!"

"Emily." Grace whispered. She quickly got up and opened her bedroom door.

Emily and Ben stood by her door, Ben holding Emily's trunk.

"There's the birthday girl!" Emily yelled, crushing Grace in a hug.

"It's good to see you!" Grace told her aunt. Emily smiled.

"It's good to see you too."

"Alright, my turn!" Ben set the trunk down and gave his daughter a hug. "Happy birthday, Grace."

"Thank you."

"Now, come downstairs and eat," Emily instructed. "Then get ready, I have a big afternoon planned for us!"

Grace nodded and walked downstairs to eat breakfast.

• • •

"Alright, I'm ready." Grace informed, walking up to Emily. Emily smiled,

"Let's go then."

"Where are we going exactly?" Grace asked as they left the house.

"To the theater. Then shopping, then we'll eat a lunch and head home. Sound alright?"

"Sounds perfect."

After the theater, Emily and Grace made their way down the busy streets of London. Grace got some clothes and several books. The cashiers gave them weird looks when they had trouble using muggle money.

"You really do find muggles fascinating, don't you?" Grace asked Emily at lunch.

"Extremely! Anyway, your father tells me you have boyfriend." Grace felt her face heat up.

"He told you that?"

"Indeed he did, but if I remember correctly, at Christmas you said you didn't fancy anyone." Grace shrugged.

"That was before I met Lewis."

"Lewis?"

"Lewis Henderson."

"Oh."

"Do you know him?"

"Me, oh no. I believe your mother didn't get along very well with his though."

"Oh, well, Lewis and I get along great."

"That's good to hear. I also hear you received detention." Grace laughed.

"Actually, yes I did."

"With whom?"

"Well, the Weasley twins helped, but I took the blame."

"Of course you did." Emily teased.

"What time is it?"

"Well, according to the clock on the wall it's three-thirty, which means we need to get going." After Emily payed for the check, the two left.

"I want to thank you Emily, I had a fantastic time." Grace said once they arrived at the house.

"Anything for the birthday girl." Grace laughed as she opened the door.

"SURPRISE!" Grace jumped back, running into Emily, who was laughing hysterically. It took Grace a minute to register what was going on.

Her friends and their family members were there. Reese, her mother and father were there. Aspen with her parents and Ashton.

What surprised her most, was Fred and George were there as well with Molly and Arthur.

"Is this for me?" Grace asked, turning to Emily.

"Of course it is. Unless it's my birthday."

"Happy Birthday Grace!" Someone cried, tackling her in a hug.

Grace laughed, pushing Reese off of her only to be tackled again my Ashton and Aspen.

"Well, if it isn't the birthday girl." Ashton teased, lightly punching Grace in the arm.

"You're finally sixteen," Aspen cried. "You're so old Grace." Reese held out a hand and helped Grace up.

Grace felt someone's elbows resting on her shoulders once she stood up.

"If it isn't little Grace." The voices said. Grace smiled.

"Little? If you don't remember I believe you're here for my sixteen birthday. However, you two still happen to be fifteen."

"Happy Birthday Grace." Elizabeth, Aspens mother, said.

"Thank you, Elizabeth."

"Can't believe you're already sixteen," Aspens dad, Finn, acknowledged. Grace shrugged.

"Time flies." He laughed.

"Indeed it does."