Fifty-Seven

While Grace was doing well with her breakup some days were just too much.

"Angelia eh?" Grace asked Fred.

"I'll admit, she wasn't my first choice."

"Who was?"

"Can't say."

As the two talked Grace spotted Lewis talking to some girl from Durmstrang. This was one of the days where her heart just couldn't handle it. She turned and walked off. Fred, who didn't spot Lewis, turned and walked after her.

"Grace, where are you going?" He asked. Grace didn't turn around right away. She walked quickly and wiped the tears that fell from her eyes.

"Grace." Fred grabbed Grace's wrist. She turned towards Fred as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Are you okay?" He asked her. Grace tore her arm from his grip and wiped her eyes. Grace shook her head.

"No, not really. I do my best to act like I don't care, but sometimes it just kills me. I just stay silent because it's too hard to explain what's going on inside my heart. I used to talk to him everyday and now I look at him and wonder if it's killing him like it is me."

Fred understood what happened then. Instead of speaking words of comfort Fred wrapped Grace in a hug. Her cries muffled by his jumper.

"It's alright Grace." Fred whispered. Reese had told Fred that it didn't matter who hurt Grace. All that mattered was who made her smile. That also led to a warning from Aspen.

"You make her smile and laugh, you and George both do. But she won't need jokes all the time. Sometimes she'll just someone who will let her cry."

This was one of those times. One of those times where Grace just needed to cry to get rid of her heartbreak.

Grace had said that the worst feeling in the world is when she did the best she could, but it wasn't good enough. The small Ravenclaw had been through hell and back and was still fighting.

"He's a worthless git Grace." Fred noted.

"But I still fell for him." Grace said through her cries.

"When you fell in love with him Grace he wasn't who he was now. He didn't hide things and cared about you."

"Then why did he change?"

"Sometimes people change." Grace lightly slapped Fred on the arm.

"Stop it, you sound like Reese." Fred chuckled.

Grace pulled away from Fred and wiped her tears. She sniffled a few times and finally spoke.

"I apologize for soaking your jumper with my tears."

"No need, it needed to be washed anyway." Grace laughed.

"Let's go get lunch like we were planning on before I broke down."

"Let's do that because I am starving!"

"Are you sure you and Reese aren't twins?" The two laughed and headed towards the Great Hall.

Many girls were gushing over the boys that asked them to the Yule Ball. Some boys were looking extremely proud of themselves. Others looked extremely disappointed.

Aspen came over and sat next to Reese.

"I regret saying yes." Aspen cried. Grace raised an eyebrow.

"Why is that?"

"He's a little....what's the word I'm looking for?"

"Annoying, show off, git." Reese noted.

"Those would work." Aspen responded.

"This is why you don't say yes to people you barely know." Grace hummed.

"Oh shut it!" Aspen remarked.

"If I remember we still need dresses." Grace acknowledged.

"If I remember I need someone to help me with my hair that night." Reese added.

"If I remember I still have no chances with Cedric." Grace and Reese groaned.

"Aspen, we've been through this."  Reese cried.

"You should've asked him." Grace said.

"Too late now!" Aspen shouted.

"Well, who's fault is that?"

"I came here to eat lunch and I'm being harassed."

"You're harassing yourself." Reese said as she lifted her goblet to her lips. Grace laughed. Aspen just nodded.

"Touché."