Sixty-One

With the third task nearing in a couple months tensions were becoming higher for Aspen. The girl pacing back and forth whenever she thought about what could go wrong. Nothing seemed to help her. Cedric and Cho's relationship was stronger than ever, but that didn't faze Aspen. She was supportive of the two, but was too busy worrying to complain.

Grace was constantly writing in her journals. Adding more spells, fixing spells, and trying some out. She was taking to Desiree more along with other animals. William had also turned to Grace a few times for help.

Reese was pestering Fred to ask out Grace. George agreed that Fred should just get it over with. William had overheard the conversation and began to pester Grace.

"Do you fancy him?" William asked Grace.

"Who?"

"Fred." Grace could feel the warmth creeping up her cheeks.

"I mean, I don't know." Grace hummed.

"Grace, Grace," William began, "you can tell me." William was now nearing the same height as Grace. Grace knew he would be the same height shortly. William took his chance and leaned against Grace.

"Just because I fancy him doesn't mean I have to tell you." Right after the words left her lips Grace slapped her hand over her mouth. William backed up and stared at Grace, a large smile on his face.

"You fancy him!" William shouted. Several people stared at the two as they passed.

"Shh, shhh!" Grace cried putting her hand over William's mouth. William moved her hand to reveal a smirk.

"You fancy him." He said again, but this time a lot quieter.

"I didn't say that." Grace defended.

"Oh, but you did!"

"Please don't tell him!"

"You have my word."

William kept his word. He didn't tell Fred. Instead, he told his sister.

"Just don't tell Fred!" William cried. Julia raised an eyebrow–understanding her brothers thinking.

"Don't tell Fred....which means I can tell George?" She asked.

"Hey, as long as it's not Fred." Willam replied with a smirk.

"Mm, alright."

Only a day after Grace had told William most of Grace's friends knew. Pestering Fred to ask out Grace had become a higher demand than ever.

"Just put on your big boy pants and do it!" Aspen cried, clinging to Fred's arm. Ashton grabbed Aspen's shoulder and pulled her off.

"I bet she'll say yes!" Ashton assured Fred. Aspen turned towards Ashton.

"While he's at it you can ask out Wyatt." She told him.

"This isn't about me!" Ashton cried. Even Lee Jordan was telling Fred to do it.

"I asked out Reese. The wild card Ravenclaw that most don't like even though she's great. They just can't handle her personality, but I think it's cute. Not the point! Just ask her." Lee cried during breakfast one morning.

A month before the third task was set to begin Reese ran up to Fred and George in the corridor. The girl looked visibly worried.

"Reese, is everything okay?" Fred asked her.

"A Hufflepuff boy is planning on asking out Grace today. It's now or never." Reese told him. Fred thought about it for a moment.

"Fine, I'll go ask her." He finally said.

"Really?" George asked.

"Yes, really. Merlin, I hope this isn't a bad idea." Fred mumbled.

"It isn't, now go," Reese said pushing Fred away. "She's in the library!" Reese yelled as Fred headed towards a staircase. Once Fred was gone George smiled.

"There's no Hufflepuff boy, is there?" George asked. A smirk grew on Reese's face.

"Nope."

• • •

Grace was scanning the books looking for one to help her with her Potions assignment. She wanted a paragraph that she was sure no one else would have. This lead to looking for the perfect book.

"Hello, Grace." She knew his voice without having to turn around.

"Fred, what brings you to this foreign place known as a library?"

"Uh...I have a question for you."

"Ask away." Grace said as she grabbed a book.

"Would you like to go out with me?" The book fell to the floor.